Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think the world hasn't ended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone think the world hasn't ended?

I haven't been on here for a while but a quick look through the threads nearly led me to set my satnav for Beachy Head.

We all knew the Robinson situation - he was offered a contract and turned it down. It was probably a contract we can afford rather than one he was already on. There is no real surprise he has not accepted it and it is a shame as he did well last season for us. However, given his injury record over the four years he has been with us it was no surprise his contract was allowed to lapse.
    Luongo didn't play in the World Cup? I think that makes him more likely to stay so no big deal.
    Smithies leaving was again no surprise, we have been expecting it for the last few transfer windows and we have two other good keepers at this level. The mooted price is not very good but no-one has come in for him before so maybe we are guilty of thinking he is better than he actually is?
    It does appear we are selling a few players to either stay within FFP or get some funds to spend on new signings. This is not really new news is it?
    I realise the usual suspects will say I am a 'head in the sand' merchant or have 'rose tinted glasses' on or am a ''happy clapper' but I am prepared to assume the club is being run on a sustainable basis now and this is the reality of that. I am sure the club knows it needs a couple of centre backs in and will be working on that. We have a new manager that is known for his coaching ability. We will be bringing more of our own youth players through. We all like that don't we?

I for one am going to see how the next month or so pans out before I start fearing the worst.

Couldn't have put it better myself mate.

bit of patience and a bit of a bit of trust in the club is what is required at the moment. If the squad still looks like it does now the week before the first fixture, then I'll agree that we're in a bit of bother!

Comment

Reactions to Smithies and Robbo leaving have been OTT. But I guess the schools have have closed for the summer.......

Comment

Comment

TF is ####
          Evil Les is ####
          Lee Hoos is ####
          Shteve is ####
          Now is exactly the right time to panic. Next time to panic is when we lose the first insignificant pre-season match.

Only upside is another installment of the mini league.
          QPR since 1993
          WATRB since 2015
          First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

It's good to be optimistic and hope the manager will be given the funds from players sold and all will be fine,maybe this will be the case.

Comment

When does the Mini-league get launched?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                Reactions to Smithies and Robbo leaving have been OTT. But I guess the schools have have closed for the summer.......
                Stupid and disrespectful comment. In fact, this thread is a typical reactionary piece driven by emotion after seeing views that might not fit their own positive outlook on the club.

​​​​​​

Comment

Have to say I couldn't care less about Robinson leaving and am fully convinced that we'll see a more than adequate CB or 2 walk through the door in the next few weeks.

As for Smithies - can see Lumley owning that shirt and us all banging on about how good he is.

Comment

Ollies gone, we need something else to complain about.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

Stupid and disrespectful comment. In fact, this thread is a typical reactionary piece driven by emotion after seeing views that might not fit their own positive outlook on the club.

​​​​​​
                      So how does that work then Norths?
                      My own view is 'driven by emotion' because it doesn't agree with others. A bit ironic isn't it?
                      Does that make you post here 'driven by emotion' as well then or does it not work that way round?

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                        Ollies gone, we need something else to complain about.
                        Complaining about Ollie was justified mate, god awful appointment. All of this at the moment feels to me like we are whinging about stuff that has happened yet. None of us have any idea how far we'll be able to stretch the money that these departures have freed up!

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

​​​​​​
                          Might say the same about this very post to be fair.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            So you think Smithies leaving for £3m is a good bit of business? It's not the leaving it's the money.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              I haven't been on here for a while but a quick look through the threads nearly led me to set my satnav for Beachy Head.

We all knew the Robinson situation - he was offered a contract and turned it down. It was probably a contract we can afford rather than one he was already on. There is no real surprise he has not accepted it and it is a shame as he did well last season for us. However, given his injury record over the four years he has been with us it was no surprise his contract was allowed to lapse.
                              Luongo didn't play in the World Cup? I think that makes him more likely to stay so no big deal.
                              Smithies leaving was again no surprise, we have been expecting it for the last few transfer windows and we have two other good keepers at this level. The mooted price is not very good but no-one has come in for him before so maybe we are guilty of thinking he is better than he actually is?
                              It does appear we are selling a few players to either stay within FFP or get some funds to spend on new signings. This is not really new news is it?
                              I realise the usual suspects will say I am a 'head in the sand' merchant or have 'rose tinted glasses' on or am a ''happy clapper' but I am prepared to assume the club is being run on a sustainable basis now and this is the reality of that. I am sure the club knows it needs a couple of centre backs in and will be working on that. We have a new manager that is known for his coaching ability. We will be bringing more of our own youth players through. We all like that don't we?

I for one am going to see how the next month or so pans out before I start fearing the worst.
                              Beachy head is a nice little spot Jack. Went there recently, when on holibobs in Hastings, on a day similar to this, so absolutely beautiful
                              Ps if you do go can you give a couple of posters on here lift?!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X