World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup

Mods, can we post on this page or will you be shunting it off to 'non QPR'?
    There's more visibility here.

J

Hi Jean, WC this year is QPR related, so no issue posting in this section.
    We do have a sticky thread in this section already about who is traveling to Russia.
    We could merge or keep separate.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Cool. Pleased about that.

Comment

Leroy Sane not in the final 23 for Germany. Crazy, as he'd be one of the first names on Englands teamsheet!

Comment

Sane not picked should be a sobering reminder for England's chances

Comment

Anyone excited about WC yet??

Amazed Sane has not made it

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Anyone excited about WC yet??

Amazed Sane has not made it
              Very excited. Already plotted all my sick days at work
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Very excited here aswell. I really look forward to watch teams like Mexico, Iceland and Peru. The latter especially, which I don`t think has qualified for the tournament since 1982?
                Last edited by Shania; 04-06-2018, 07:12 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Sane not picked should be a sobering reminder for England's chances
                  Like we need one.
                  My expectation is low but I'll still look forward to our games and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Love the world Cup, just love the whole thing

Comment

Young squad, managed expectations, coherent tactics = plenty of positives. However....

.... the biggest problem we have is the amount of football most have them have played in the last ten months, without a break. No change there. Not convinced that two pre tournament friendlies are particularly helpful. They need to chill out, get plenty of rest and not over train. If you look at England in Euros and WCs in recent years, legs have gone by end of group stage. Vs Iceland they looked physically shot. Overdoing it all pre tournament is the danger.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        Young squad, managed expectations, coherent tactics = plenty of positives. However....

.... the biggest problem we have is the amount of football most have them have played in the last ten months, without a break. No change there. Not convinced that two pre tournament friendlies are particularly helpful. They need to chill out, get plenty of rest and not over train. If you look at England in Euros and WCs in recent years, legs have gone by end of group stage. Vs Iceland they looked physically shot. Overdoing it all pre tournament is the danger.
                        Given the amount of foreigners who play in the Premier League now, I'm not sure how much water this argument holds anymore! Will be interesting to see how Belgium perform in comparison, given that they can put out a 100% EPL line up quite easily

Comment

i quite like the england squad, its far from our best squad ever but people have been chosen on merit rather than name and there seems to be a clear game plan for a change. i don't think anyone has any expectations for us winning it but i did have a dream the other night were we won the world cup 5-3 against spain in the final.

if we get to the quarters i'd be happy, anything further than that and i'd be over the moon

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            Will be interesting to see how Belgium perform in comparison, given that they can put out a 100% EPL line up quite easily
                            good point, but last Euros Belgium looked flat as well.........

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

good point, but last Euros Belgium looked flat as well.........
                              They reached the quarters in the Euros and in the WC in 2014. Granted in 2014 we were in a mini group of death, but still. Anyway, roll on the WC!

Comment

Working...
                              X