Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has Warnock/Hughes written all over it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has Warnock/Hughes written all over it!

This has Warnock/Hughes written all over it.

We replace passion, stability and gradual development with a "hot name" (provided the choice is McLaren).

Frequent change of managers has rarely been a success formula in football, and I don't this this will be an exception. When I thought we started to get it right this feels like a big step backwards.

I will be all behind McLaren, but I suspect this this will end in tears. I predict he won't last a full season.

Thank you Holloway. After some miserable years you made me proud again. You deserve much better than this!

Don't think Holloway presents stability.

Comment

except mcclaren can actually coach whereas the most hughes knows about coaching is that samuel l jackson played coach carter!

all you have got do is look at ollies record as manager and his eratic decisions to see that we could do a whole lot better. i honesty have no idea how you can compare ollies second spell with colin's first spell either!

Comment

Ted should be manager if passion and a love of club are also that's needed.
        ffs Ollie was like a game show,blooming clueless,we can all bang our chests and talk a good game but not all coach and put into practice
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
          This has Warnock/Hughes written all over it.

We replace passion, stability and gradual development with a "hot name" (provided the choice is McLaren).

Frequent change of managers has rarely been a success formula in football, and I don't this this will be an exception. When I thought we started to get it right this feels like a big step backwards.

I will be all behind McLaren, but I suspect this this will end in tears. I predict he won't last a full season.

Thank you Holloway. After some miserable years you made me proud again. You deserve much better than this!

Wow you're easily pleased.

And as for replacing passion, stability and gradual development. I would be more inclined to call it stubbornness, total instability and treading water.

Whether McLaren cuts the mustard or not, I am a lot more confident going forward with him at the helm than I ever would be with Holloway.

Comment

Nonsense.

Swapping a god awful manager for one of the best coaches in the English game. McLaren is the ideal man to get the best out of our young players. And Lee Carsley as his number 2 is coming fresh from a stint leading England's U21's.

This is the best appointment we've made since Warnock by a country mile. And yes you can hold me to that, and bump this post at the end of the season!

Comment

Sorry OP but remove the rose tinted glasses and step back and take a look at his tenure.

Erratic selections constantly

No plan A it appears at times, never mind B

Players dropped after playing well

Awful formation that wasted 80% of our season

Digging out loyal, frustrated fans

Digging out talented young players trying their best to find their feet at this level

The list goes on.

Mclaren a very capable man to to take over a club our size.

Comment

Wtf have some people been watching

I must have been watching something else last two seasons, Shame passion alone don’t win you games

Comment

Post Brentford interview looked anything but stable. Put that with team selection and away form and I would say we have been anything but stable.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

Wow you're easily pleased.

And as for replacing passion, stability and gradual development. I would be more inclined to call it stubbornness, total instability and treading water.

Whether McLaren cuts the mustard or not, I am a lot more confident going forward with him at the helm than I ever would be with Holloway.
                    Totally agree.
                    passion doesn't win matches often. 26 in 80 proves that.

McLaren might not be the best manager but he is a very good coach. I think he will do well if appointed and I will be back watching QPR again as I just could not watch Holloway's football anymore.

Comment

Some particularly unpleasant stuff on here tonight.For the record I will be pleased if SM is announced as our new man. I like him a lot and he should be great for our young squad. However, IH was not 'God awful' for us overall given the situation he inherited. Yes he was frustrating with his team selections but stats like being one of the top teams for points from the last ten minutes and points from being behind shows he at least instilled fighting spirit in our team. I was proud of that team on our last home match, easily beating a team that subsequently beat one of the best teams in the division the following week. How great to see all those youngsters playing. But apparently that had absolutely nothing to do with IH eh?

Comment

come in ian holloway your time is up , the writing had been on the wall for a long time . he just wasn't up for it in the end , strange team selections and tactics at times then knocking supporters for leaving at the end of the brentford match , i had to be up at 6am i bet he didn't

Comment

I think Holloway was unfairly sacked,I can't understand it,what do the owners expect with a zero budget, it was a decent season and Holloway did bring on the young players . If SM is appointed I will wish him well and hope he can move us forward.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            Some particularly unpleasant stuff on here tonight.For the record I will be pleased if SM is announced as our new man. I like him a lot and he should be great for our young squad. However, IH was not 'God awful' for us overall given the situation he inherited. Yes he was frustrating with his team selections but stats like being one of the top teams for points from the last ten minutes and points from being behind shows he at least instilled fighting spirit in our team. I was proud of that team on our last home match, easily beating a team that subsequently beat one of the best teams in the division the following week. How great to see all those youngsters playing. But apparently that had absolutely nothing to do with IH eh?
                            The situation he inherited wasn't that bad. Certainly not worse than what we have had this season. Any manager should get the rewards of what he puts in on the training ground. If he knows his stuff then it will show through the team. Our grit and fight was only needed because so often he got it wrong from the start with bad formations and players playing out of formation.. So he had to throw caution to the wind and lump it up and sometimes playing 4 forwards just to try and fix what had gone wrong before. And then it would be the exact same the next match. He just couldn't learn from his mistakes and relied on chest beating and a fighting spirit too many times rather than coaching ability.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              What has been said that is “unpleasant”? Quite a few on here (me included) just do not feel that Holloway is best for taking us forward. It’s been said that he’s been harshly treated but no one knows what has been said and background to this. I would be amazed if Ollie only found out yesterday. The treatment of Ramsey by fans was at times unpleasant but I think Ollie has been treated very fairly......especially when you consider some of the losing runs we have been on. Some wanted him to stay and some want him gone.....just a difference of opinion but seen very little “unpleasantness”. If we are to make a change of manager then this is exactly the right time to do just that. Gives new guy full pre-season to get squad together.

Comment

Working...
                              X