Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Wheeler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • David Wheeler

    What has happened to him?

    I think he has a great future ahead of him, he knows where the goal is and I'd love for him to be given the chance under the new look squad.

    Before some of you say he had his chance, it was before Ollie made the change to the squad where we started playing.

  • #2
    Originally posted by MYU View Post
    What has happened to him?

    I think he has a great future ahead of him, he knows where the goal is and I'd love for him to be given the chance under the new look squad.

    Before some of you say he had his chance, it was before Ollie made the change to the squad where we started playing.
    Injured, ruled out for the whole season months back. I assume he's on holiday right now or writing another blog post.

    Comment


    • #3
      Be great to get him back. I was pretty excited when we signed him.

      Comment


      • #4
        https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/991025369863081984

        not sure what thread to put this in, so will wack it in here.

        luke freeman on a night out, shouting you r'sssssssssssssss

        made me smile.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

        Comment


        • #5
          I can't remember reading he was out.

          I'm really looking forward to watching him, think he could be like another new signing when he's back.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MYU View Post
            I can't remember reading he was out.

            I'm really looking forward to watching him, think he could be like another new signing when he's back.
            Yes, in the new environment he would've got some games as well. Shame.

            Comment


            • #7
              TF mentioned him positively in the podcast

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                TF mentioned him positively in the podcast
                What was said? I (randomly) have a Exeter fan at work and he was gutted to see him leave. Obviously my mate didn't go many games but still knows enough to know that he will cut it at this level. Be great if he does, we need goalscoring midfielders.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Another terribly treated player.

                  Couldn't get a look in, starts at Sunderland, scores after about 3 mins, has a good game and is then bombed again for the next match.

                  Hoping a new manager can get a hold of this kid and reinstall some confidence that must clearly be knocked out of him.

                  Got a great scoring record from midfield and once fit again I expect to see making a big push for the first XI

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Another terribly treated player.

                    Couldn't get a look in, starts at Sunderland, scores after about 3 mins, has a good game and is then bombed again for the next match.

                    Hoping a new manager can get a hold of this kid and reinstall some confidence that must clearly be knocked out of him.

                    Got a great scoring record from midfield and once fit again I expect to see making a big push for the first XI
                    Middlesbrough wasn't it?
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

                    Luke Freeman - 5
                    Pawel Wszolek - 4
                    Nakhi Wells - 4
                    Ebere Eze - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Joel Lynch - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 1
                    Matt Smith - 1
                    Toni Leistner - 1
                    Geoff Cameron - 1

                    Summer Transfers 2018

                    IN
                    Toni Leistner, Angel Rangel, Tomer Hemed (loan), Nakhi Wells (loan), Geoff Cameron (loan).

                    OUT
                    Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jack Robinson, Alex Smithies, David Wheeler (loan), Ryan Manning (loan), Conor Washington.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Hoping a new manager can get a hold of this kid and reinstall some confidence that must clearly be knocked out of him.
                      Kid??? He's 27!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        Another terribly treated player.

                        Couldn't get a look in, starts at Sunderland, scores after about 3 mins, has a good game and is then bombed again for the next match.

                        Hoping a new manager can get a hold of this kid and reinstall some confidence that must clearly be knocked out of him.

                        Got a great scoring record from midfield and once fit again I expect to see making a big push for the first XI
                        This in essence is what frustrates me most about Holloway. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to some of the changes he makes. He did the same thing with Oteh. Brings him in for a couple of games, scores against Burton, never seen again.

                        How does a player, especially an attacker, actually get a run of form going when they seem to be selected and dropped totally at random?!
                        Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
                        Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          What has happened to him?

                          I think he has a great future ahead of him, he knows where the goal is and I'd love for him to be given the chance under the new look squad.

                          Before some of you say he had his chance, it was before Ollie made the change to the squad where we started playing.
                          So do we have a DOF system or not then? DOF buys him - manager won't play him (before injury) is not a DOF set up. And I agree with Tarbie about Oteh. Another one that's going to get shipped out and forgotten?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post

                            Kid??? He's 27!!
                            Practically a baby to old gits like us

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              So do we have a DOF system or not then? DOF buys him - manager won't play him (before injury) is not a DOF set up. And I agree with Tarbie about Oteh. Another one that's going to get shipped out and forgotten?
                              DoF system only works if the manager and the DoF are on the same page in terms of formation, system and style of play mate. Also helps if the U23's adopt similar tactics and style of play. If you want an example of this system being used to a tee, read up on the Ajax philosophy. Even their youth teams try to follow the same style of play as the first team. Their young players are literally being groomed for the first team from moment they pull on the Ajax shirt.

                              Of course, we are not Ajax, but the DoF should be driving a style of play, formation, ethos etc., and all our sides should be adhering to it. I suspect what happened this season was that everything was geared up for 4 at the back, including the players signed. But of course we all know what happened instead!

                              I'd also speculate that an old school manager like Holloway just isn't right for the whole set-up. He'll want to be in charge of everything, and in Ollie's case specifically, will never be told! This is why I've been saying that what we need this time around is more someone with a "Head Coach" mentality. They are here to lead the first team, coach the players etc., and won't insist on total control of all footballing matters.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 02-05-2018, 10:08 PM.
                              Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
                              Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X