Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Absolutely no but I'll tell you what I would do. I'd give something back to the company who stood by me and paid me in the time I couldn't do anything for them.

But thats just me. I'd feel as if I owed them something back from me and would be happy to do my bit as a mark of thanks.
    Also a fair comment, but Ollie himself told Robinson 6 or 7 months ago that he wasn't in is plans. Can't blame the player for making alternative plans, can you?

No loyalty in football at the best of times these days mate. Beyond me why anyone thinks we've really done enough to expect to hold on to Robinson this transfer window.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Also a fair comment, but Ollie himself told Robinson 6 or 7 months ago that he wasn't in is plans. Can't blame the player for making alternative plans, can you?
      And in all fairness that can't be argued with. Yet again the buffoon of a manager can't keep that big gob shut and has probably cost us a decent player.

So in reply to your question no you're right I can't actually blame him for making alternative plans. I was more thinking people with half a brain, Les & Hoos for example would of got into him and told him to forget what Hollowhead had said and tried to tie him down. Appears he's not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

And in all fairness that can't be argued with. Yet again the buffoon of a manager can't keep that big gob shut and has probably cost us a decent player.

So in reply to your question no you're right I can't actually blame him for making alternative plans. I was more thinking people with half a brain, Les & Hoos for example would of got into him and told him to forget what Hollowhead had said and tried to tie him down. Appears he's not interested.
        Gave him the opportunity to look elsewhere didn't we? And let's face it, on a free transfer there are plenty of sides that will do better than us these days in terms of a contract offer!

Not sure can blame anyone at the club for that part though. A player is effectively a free agent in the last 6 months of his deal, and 6 months ago, Robinson had barely played!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 30-04-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Gave him the opportunity to look elsewhere din't we? And let's face it, on a free transfer there are plenty of sides that will do better than us these days in terms of a contract offer!

Not sure can blame anyone at the club for that part though. A player is effectively a free agent in the last 6 months of his deal, and 6 months ago, Robinson had barely played!
          Leaves a bitter taste Tarbs leaves a bitter taste mate!

Comment

Here's a question then mate. If you picked up an injury whilst doing your job, would you expect to still be paid as per your contract? Would you expect to be judged for "sitting on your arris" if you didn't show up to work whilst recuperating from surgery as a result of your injury?
            I'd feel i owed my employer who waited patiently for me to recover, but then we're not talking real world are we?....this is football

Comment

It does Jimmy but I can see both sides. We do not offer due to injury and not playing and he does not sign when he finally does.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I'd feel i owed my employer who waited patiently for me to recover, but then we're not talking real world are we?....this is football
                And this is it mate. I'd love him to stay, I'm sure we all would. I feel he probably should give us another year and a chance to make a few quid of him, but the reality is he probably won't and he absolutely doesn't have to!

Comment

Works both ways guys. If he got injured in final few months of contract we would have waved him good bye. We looked after Faurlín because of his history to club but Robinson don’t have that with us to fall back on

do I want him to stay, yes I do would love him too but don’t blame him for saying I’m off

Comment

Working...
                  X