we need a FANS LIASION OFFICER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we need a FANS LIASION OFFICER

a well respected person from within the fanbase, who can make representation to the club and vice versa...

fan groups can still meet the club but maybe a lisaion offcier could work, surely worth a go??

one name was mentioned last time this idea was bandied about....

this is not about ego's, freebies, anything like that , this is for the FANS to have more of a voice in the club, we cannot be left behind!

i shall not give the name yet but many know her...and she'd get my full support.

In my experience, that role never works. If you're employed by the club, you're their b.itch. You do as they say/want and never the twain shall meet. It's an oxy*****. Aspects of what would be in that role could be encompassed within other roles currently at the club (Ticket Office/Secretary/Commercial and Board)/.

Comment

I suggest DexterForEngland would be ideal for that job. Flavio wouldn't know what hit him. :bad_smile:

Comment

They have Club Promotion Officers here in Ireland

The League of Ireland offers thrills and excitement to tens of thousands of supporters each week, but it also helps to spread valuable social messages to school-children across Ireland.

Through the Club Promotion Officer programme, League of Ireland clubs are heavily involved in visiting schools in their communities to promote messages such as anti-racism, healthy eating, and the importance of dairy products.

The CPO initiative was introduced by the FAI following the merger between the league and the association in 2006. The goal of the CPO programme is to increase club involvement in the local community.

In 2009 the FAI have made €210,000 available to Premier Division Clubs to deploy Club Promotion Officers to expand the clubs role in the community, to boost attendances, interest in the game, links with schools and other clubs in the catchment areas.

The CPO Objectives are as follows

Build strong and sustained relationships with 30 schools in the region of your football club.
        Ensure all sponsorship initiatives and incentives from the National Dairy Council are fully availed of and implemented across the 30 schools .
        Establish excellent working relationships with all the local league clubs and local district leagues
        Build strong and sustainable relationships with 30 amateur football clubs in the region of your football club.
        Work closely with the FAI Development Officers and take an active interest and involvement in their work in relation to football development in both the community and in schools.
        Play a key role in increasing the number of people on your Fans CRM database.
        Continually develop new and innovative ways to increase attendances at both your clubs home and away games.
        Develop key links with local businesses and in particular the sports and social clubs within various businesses
        Play a key role in anchoring the club within the Community.
        Implement Promotional Plan to advertise each Home match.
        Attend monthly Club Promotions Officer meetings.
        Pay a key role in the Travel Club for all supporters in order to facilitate them for all your Clubs Away Matches.
        Organise and facilitate a Fans Forum at least once every two months to improve communications between the Club and your Supporters.
        Implement a Customer Service Programme at your Club to enhance the experience of existing & potential Customer’s.

Comment

We had one they sacked her before she could do aything!
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
            a well respected person from within the fanbase, who can make representation to the club and vice versa...

fan groups can still meet the club but maybe a lisaion offcier could work, surely worth a go??

this is not about ego's, freebies, anything like that , this is for the FANS to have more of a voice in the club, we cannot be left behind!

i shall not give the name yet but many know her...and she'd get my full support.
            Great idea in my opinion but if its the person I think we both mean then she was or possibly still is completely out of favour with one particular website and the feeling may well be mutual for all I know so it will be extemely hard to find someone respected by all websites and fan groups

How about Scott Jones? :horror:

Comment

I know who you mean too but..................I'd do it, happily ;D

and they can have nursing and massage thrown in (well only the good looking ones,,which narrows it down to Cerny really)

Comment

Originally posted by alibabes View Post
                I know who you mean too but..................I'd do it, happily ;D

and they can have nursing and massage thrown in (well only the good looking ones,,which narrows it down to Cerny really)
                You would always get my vote Alibabes :embarrassed:

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post

Well I wouldn't vote for you to be the fans liasion officer after watching you insult Bernie Ecclestone and calling him a c*** outside the Springbok!
                  Last edited by W12_Ranger; 16-04-2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                    Great idea in my opinion but if its the person I think we both mean then she was or possibly still is completely out of favour with one particular website and the feeling may well be mutual for all I know so it will be extemely hard to find someone respected by all websites and fan groups

How about Scott Jones? :horror:
                    I've turned it down twice before
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

joke, obviously

Comment

Well listening to Paul Finney on sky sports the other night must admit I thought he came across very very well. Reading Mark Dunbars comments in the paper coming home yesterday I'd say the opposite!

I vote Victor Stephenson - at least we'd get a good beer and grub!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          Well listening to Paul Finney on sky sports the other night must admit I thought he came across very very well. Reading Mark Dunbars comments in the paper coming home yesterday I'd say the opposite!

I vote Victor Stephenson - at least we'd get a good beer and grub!!!
                          Vic does know how to sort out a good bit of grub I must admit!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                            Vic does know how to sort out a good bit of grub I must admit!
                            I bet he does

Comment

I'd go for Pat Harrison or Tracy both very well respected.
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Working...
                              X