Where have all the debaters gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the debaters gone?

This site used to be full of debate. Someone would post a question or a thought and 10 pages later the debate will still live. What's happened?

Now one person writes their thoughts and opinions and the next person answers in a new thread that they've started. Can we no longer debate or have all of the debaters (Nodge70 et al.) jumped ship?

Come February 2nd when the window has closed will anyone have anything to talk about?

We will be talking about how we will hope to stay up. A club with no ambition.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I think people are sick of the false promises. Info that gets passed on and IMO rightly shared with the rest of us which then doesn't happen. It's dissapointing and annoying. The club is being run into the ground and we're being taken for mugs.

I think the fans have lost interest in QPR completely now. I expect all the MBs to be the same. In fact, unless we sign 2-3 QUALITY players, I see attendances at LR dropping to a finance crippling low. Bad times ahead.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        This site used to be full of debate. Someone would post a question or a thought and 10 pages later the debate will still live. What's happened?

Now one person writes their thoughts and opinions and the next person answers in a new thread that they've started. Can we no longer debate or have all of the debaters (Nodge70 et al.) jumped ship?

Come February 2nd when the window has closed will anyone have anything to talk about?
        Well i have posted less and less as the personal insults and the irrational posting has increased. it seem that any time a point for debate is rasied that doesn't involve slagging off GP FB or the players then it is completely ignored!

Many posters starting point is so anti the club that a rational debate is not possible. if itssensible debate you want then you are in the wrong place. if its hysterical anti the club ramblings you want then you are in the right place!! oh an C**k teasing transfer gossip of course!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          Well i have posted less and less as the personal insults and the irrational posting has increased.
          Familiar sentiment. We (finally) had to ban a couple of abusive people, not something we enjoy doing, although some will argue to the contrary. We are just trying to keep this forum friendly.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Too many threads getting hijacked by people going over the same old ground time and time again have made it much more boring.

Comment

Agreed !!

Sure, we will have time to argue those cases, but threads won't be hijacked. Far easier for moderators and hopefully people can setttle down and enjoy the site.

If it needs debating, it will be debated, just not 3-4 times a day and about 10 pages each time
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

:(

Comment

For me the lack of AARDVARK related postings have had a depressing effect on the general tone of the board.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    For me the lack of AARDVARK related postings have had a depressing effect on the general tone of the board.
                    Wait till the club appoints one as manager as we run out of human candidates.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Lost interest in debating - more concerned as to where the club is going.

What does it say about our club that our(not loans) our two top strikers have been loaned to other CCC clubs.One of whom is above us.

I realise that QPR are never going to makes shed loads of money - but it is worrying that 3 years into the project - the club are thinking of selling one of its better players possibly to pay off debts.

This transfer window, to show some intent, bringing in the likes of a Kitson or a Killgallon has been replaced by the likes on Hill and Quashie.

As for debate - when you makethese comments - you just get called negative.

Also- no disrespect meant - but the amount of sh.t put on here about "great signing etc...just gives some people too much false hope.

All the above send with much love and affection

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Wait till the club appoints one as manager as we run out of human candidates.
                        They have very hard skins. Our defence would be immense.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
                          Too many threads getting hijacked by people going over the same old ground time and time again have made it much more boring.
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Debates turn into the same broken record and it gets kind of boring. Still, I notice a lot of the culprits have changed their focus to another location and long may it continue
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                            Well i have posted less and less as the personal insults and the irrational posting has increased. it seem that any time a point for debate is rasied that doesn't involve slagging off GP FB or the players then it is completely ignored!

Many posters starting point is so anti the club that a rational debate is not possible. if itssensible debate you want then you are in the wrong place. if its hysterical anti the club ramblings you want then you are in the right place!! oh an C**k teasing transfer gossip of course!
                            Spot On.......

Comment

Still here.

Will still ***** the pompous bubbles and bull$hit.........

This is save the club time (again)

Comment

Working...
                              X