At last a positive thread from SPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last a positive thread from SPC

We thrashed Reading, we thrashed Barnsley, we thrashed Derby and we thrashed Preston too. We also beat Cardiff in Cardiff. We are one of only three teams who have picked up points at Newcastle.

We have Wayne Routledge, Jay Simpson, Adel Taraabt, Akos Buzsaky, Matthew Connolly, Kaspars Gorkks and Radek Cerny. Arguably some of the finest talent in the football league but we lack in certain areas. Certain areas that if not fixed we will suffer. We will beat many good teams on our day as already proven this season but if February 1st comes and goes and those areas aren't fixed we will again be destined for being the bridesmaid and never the bride.

We have no cover and no real competition at left back. Ramage isn't a natural right back and neither is Leigertwood so just strengthen the full back positions. We have plenty of midfielders all capable of playing in a variety of positions. We aren't short on the wing or through the centre. We are strong both on the field and in terms of depth. Upfront we are lacking. We have a striker who has scored 10 goals in 20 matches yet he still needs assistance.

We don't need quantity we just need quality. Kerrea Gilbert will leave Arsenal in this transfer window and already has experience playing 34 times for Leicester last season. He is a very good right back. Lets not spend money on the likes of Quashie, Faye or a sub keeper. Lets buy one decent striker instead. Save the money by buying 4 or 5 players and just buy two instead. Two of better overall quality. We understand money doesn't grow on trees or that the budget isn't big but we do understand that money could be spent on less rather than more. If Cerny gets injured we can get an emergency keeper on loan anytime of the year we don't need one now. We don't need more central midfielders when Leigertwood, Buzsaky and Faurlin (plus Mahon to return soon) can all play there already. Save the cash buy Kitson and Gilbert and let us all believe again.

Onwards and upwards. I believe I hope you can too.

P.S. Sirpie hasn't been kidnapped I just want to start thinking positively again and want to love my club again.

Spot on really SPC!

Comment

With Balanta and Cook coming back it could be like new signings.

I'd go with a right back and a quality striker, whatever the cost. Also, would get rid of about 6-8 players.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

As John Cleese once said:
        “It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.”

It's all there, if they really want it - that's the problem.
        Last edited by Goddard; 05-01-2010, 11:48 PM.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Good post, especially about Ramage, Leigertwood and signing Gilbert and Kitson.

I do think that QPR need to sign another keeper, either as cover or to replace/challenge Cerny and a new centre half and let Stewart and Hall leave. QPR would still have Gorkss, Connolly and Ramage.

That list of wins, in all honesty, was the only good spell QPR have had this season and those, apart from Cardiff, were against struggling sides.

QPR have lost or drawn almost every game against top half sides;

Newcastle, West Brom, Forest, Leicester, Blackpool, Sheff Utd, Bristol City (away) Palace, Watford, Middlesbro.Only the wins at Cardiff and against Bristol City (home) have been against top half sides. I think that says so much on how good QPR have been this season.
          Last edited by stanistheman; 05-01-2010, 11:55 PM.

Comment

we've also drawn at WBA and Newcastle, bit more luck could have won both
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Wonderful post absolutely brilliant

Comment

I think a Striker and the full backs specifically right back and the main areas of concern, a sub keeper would be nice which hopefully will be sorted out 2moro! The central midfielders could probably do with one extra if we don't spending the money but we need to focus on the big problems first, we conceed to many goals and we don't have strikers (apart from Simpson who score enough!)

Comment

just to prove a positive thread gets read less than a negative one

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    just to prove a positive thread gets read less than a negative one
                    Always the way it's been.

Ask any newspaper editor, or the scriptwriter on Eastenders.
                    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Good post, especially about Ramage, Leigertwood and signing Gilbert and Kitson.

I do think that QPR need to sign another keeper, either as cover or to replace/challenge Cerny and a new centre half and let Stewart and Hall leave. QPR would still have Gorkss, Connolly and Ramage.

That list of wins, in all honesty, was the only good spell QPR have had this season and those, apart from Cardiff, were against struggling sides.

QPR have lost or drawn almost every game against top half sides;

Newcastle, West Brom, Forest, Leicester, Blackpool, Sheff Utd, Bristol City (away) Palace, Watford, Middlesbro.Only the wins at Cardiff and against Bristol City (home) have been against top half sides. I think that says so much on how good QPR have been this season.

I agree completely but the league is showing that you don't need to beat all the top sides to be in the top 6. If we had beaten the likes of Plymouth (should have done), Peterbrough (could have done) and Coventry (why we didn't still bemuses me) we would be a top 6 side.

IMO we are not far away from being a top 6 team. The difference between where we are and what we could become is continuity, which breeds consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                        we lack in certain areas.

we will suffer.

we will again be destined for being the bridesmaid and never the bride.

We have no cover and no real competition at left back.

Upfront we are lacking.

the budget isn't big
                        If that is a positive post, I better not read one of your negative whilst listening to Radiohead at the same time, it could have me reaching for the razor blades.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                          If that is a positive post, I better not read one of your negative whilst listening to Radiohead at the same time, it could have me reaching for the razor blades.

Actually when you read it like that it wasn't too positive was it? Oops!

I think we are ok. I think if Hart has had time to assess his squad he'll know the areas that need strengthening and will make the play offs. If he doesn't and the window closes then we will finish in the top 10.

Comment

I'm happy with the squad, lets just have a manager who is on a long term contract and for the board to have a plan.
                            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                              We have Wayne Routledge, Jay Simpson, Adel Taraabt, Akos Buzsaky, Matthew Connolly, Kaspars Gorkks and Radek Cerny. Arguably some of the finest talent in the football league.
                              Cerny ? he has single handed turned the best defence into the worst, due to his shocking handling, punching, kicking and passes to strikers giving them an open goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X