X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
    Still shipping hatfuls.

Plus ca change....

De Canio would be a very bad decision if he indeed does take over. Possibly up there with Mullery.
    'UP there with Mullery' - you know how to court controversy, don't you!!:amazing:

Anyway, surely its 'down there with Mullery'.

Of course you're being ridiculous, but with all those clammering for LDC's return, has he learned English yet? If not, then suggest that he isn't the answer...

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      Since De Canio took over from Lecce here are their results:

08.03.2009 Reggina home Drew 0-0
      15.03.2009 Palermo away Lost 2-5
      22.03.2009 Atalanta home Drew 2-2
      05.04.2009 AC Milan away Lost 0-2
      11.04.2009 Sampdoria home Lost 1-3
      De Canio would be a mistake...Big mistake in fact, I'm starting to warm to the idea of Roy Keane.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        De Canio would be a mistake...Big mistake in fact, I'm starting to warm to the idea of Roy Keane.
        Would make the off-the-pitch stuff more entertaining than the on-the-pitch stuff, I think...
        Can't see Keane being a yes man!
        I can just imagine him telling FB where to stick his 4-4-2...
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

De Canio would give the place a buzz, however im not convinced he is the man for the job. He was fortunate to have Vine Agyemang and Buzz playing under him, and of course we would have improved after the amount of players we signed that January. Any manager fortunate enough to be in that position would have done well - im not so sure thats down to De Canio. Not saying i wouldnt welcome him back, but i think the language barrier is a major problem and the way we defend ridiculously too deep in the late stages caused numerous amounts of last minute goals.

Comment

How do we really know Flavio wants a yes man?

I think he just wants the same as the rest of us entertaining football and consistant results.

Comment

I Cant see why we would want de canio back apart from the the odd game where we looked world beaters against the likes of COLCHESTER and WATFORD We were not that good also he cant speak english how many managers have succeeded in the championship that cant speak the language?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                Since De Canio took over from Lecce here are their results:

08.03.2009 Reggina home Drew 0-0
                15.03.2009 Palermo away Lost 2-5
                22.03.2009 Atalanta home Drew 2-2
                05.04.2009 AC Milan away Lost 0-2
                11.04.2009 Sampdoria home Lost 1-3
                I bet that 2 pts from 15 run costs them their season :grimace:
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

"How do we really know Flavio wants a yes man?"

Flavio said he told Sousa the board wanted a 4-4-2 system played at home games.

Dowie was sacked for not playing the players Flavio wanted to play and Mahon was dropped for saying that the team that played was different t the team Dowie had announced.

Just two factual points that only a yes man would give in to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                    De Canio would give the place a buzz, however im not convinced he is the man for the job. He was fortunate to have Vine Agyemang and Buzz playing under him, and of course we would have improved after the amount of players we signed that January. Any manager fortunate enough to be in that position would have done well - im not so sure thats down to De Canio. Not saying i wouldnt welcome him back, but i think the language barrier is a major problem and the way we defend ridiculously too deep in the late stages caused numerous amounts of last minute goals.

The Agyemang 8 goals in 7 games was a fluke period in his career - what is it since? 2 in 32 from memory..
                    "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                    QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                    Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                    Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

I dont see how that was a fluke period. Agyemang looked great in his all round game. He set up plenty of goals, linked fantastically with other players, played a huge part in the build up to goals - and took his chances well - which mainly were not tap ins. Ok, he hasnt done great since in terms of goal scoring - and not saying he ever will do better weither - but his performances were certainly not a fluke IMO. Id like to see how much better this current team would have done under De Canio - without our key players he had last year. Theres only so much you can do when you are missing 3 of your most influential players

Comment

Thats cos agyemang has been injured...
                        We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Agyemang needs Vine to be effective.
                          So does Helguson, it would seem.
                          In fact, the whole team needs him!

One player we MUST try and keep at all costs...
                          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            "How do we really know Flavio wants a yes man?"

Flavio said he told Sousa the board wanted a 4-4-2 system played at home games.

Dowie was sacked for not playing the players Flavio wanted to play and Mahon was dropped for saying that the team that played was different t the team Dowie had announced.

Just two factual points that only a yes man would give in to.
                            That proves f cuk all....if I recall both Dowie & Sousa's first interviews both talked of playing attacking and entertaining football. Whilst I don't agree on Sousa's sacking neither delivered that. Flavio wanted an attacking formation I sure he would have specified that before appointing either Dowie or Sousa and he wanted what was promised to him by both coaches.

Flavio is pretty unlucky to be fair, whats the chances off appointing 2 coaches in a row in the Championship who want to play 4-5-1. It's like buying something and it doesn't do what it says on the box, Flavio in reality echos the sentiments of the fans only thing is some of us are to blind to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                              I dont see how that was a fluke period. Agyemang looked great in his all round game. He set up plenty of goals, linked fantastically with other players, played a huge part in the build up to goals - and took his chances well - which mainly were not tap ins. Ok, he hasnt done great since in terms of goal scoring - and not saying he ever will do better weither - but his performances were certainly not a fluke IMO. Id like to see how much better this current team would have done under De Canio - without our key players he had last year. Theres only so much you can do when you are missing 3 of your most influential players
                              Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                                That proves f cuk all....if I recall both Dowie & Sousa's first interviews both talked of playing attacking and entertaining football. Whilst I don't agree on Sousa's sacking neither delivered that. Flavio wanted an attacking formation I sure he would have specified that before appointing either Dowie or Sousa and he wanted what was promised to him by both coaches.

Flavio is pretty unlucky to be fair, whats the chances off appointing 2 coaches in a row in the Championship who want to play 4-5-1. It's like buying something and it doesn't do what it says on the box, Flavio in reality echos the sentiments of the fans only thing is some of us are to blind to see it.
                                Equally well said
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X