Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Basic Sums

Lets just take an average

Newcastle 40,000 supporters paying Average £25 a ticket = 1 Million turnover each home game = 23 Million Pounds revenue on home games

Nottingham Forest 20,000 supporters paying £25 a ticket= £500,000 turnover each home game= 11.5 Million Pounds revenue on home games

QPR 13,000 supporters payng £25 a ticket = £325,00 turnover per game equates to 7.4 million revenue on home games

Okay you can wrap in season ticket prices, but thats the average cost per game. You could argue that clubs have cheaper and more expensive seats, but this is just used an example, as whatever calculation you do its going to be more for the bigger clubs

In the championship, how can we compete with the above teams in terms of players wages and big signings?? I hear and read concerns that we are building up a debt, which no doubt is true, but surely with the squad we have, we are living beyond our means, as in reality in the real world without the investment, we would be struggling between the championship and Division 1 and not attracting the better type player.

Lets say our players average 10k a week (an average say) and based across 22 players, thats £220,000 per week spread across 52 weeks equates to 11.4 million pounds alone in wages.

As you can see the its a deficit already and I'm just using a VERY simplified mathematical tool to put the point across, as so many things should be added.

I make the point, because some seem convinced we should be spending more??
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

wigan and Foolham had crap attendances and still spent more than us.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

prove it
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Lakshmi Mittal 6 Billion pounds.

I rest my case.

Comment

He is NOT the owner

Would you p.iss money up the wall if you had it??

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            prove it
            dissprove it!

Comment

He is NOT the owner

Maybe he should be then because the players we are after at the moment arnt going to get us promoted to the Premier League.

Comment

two things:

1) major complaint is what the money is spent on (endless managerial changes, quick fix players who shine then swiftly fade)

2) so what's the strategy? gates are not going to go up when we are served dross. if the board won't bankroll us yet more to go up then the only way of going about it is to allow the manager a few years to bring on his own young talent. hart might be the man for that actually, but can you see flavio having the patience?

Comment

richest owners in the world time for them to step up end of

Comment

their biggest signing was 1 million pounds on Peschilido from WBA in the championship

Comment

good god ... spin spin spin

we are getting great players in ... oh no just a min .. look how can we afford it with our support... gianni what should I spin next? let me know as i dont mind acting the plank

Comment

He is NOT the owner

Would you p.iss money up the wall if you had it??
                        do most saturdays pete

Comment

their biggest signing was 1 million pounds on Peschilido from WBA in the championship
                          maybe single but collectively i bet they spent more.

Comment

erm your forgetting merchandise sales, our supposed very good sponsorship deals, tv rights money etc.

Comment

Why is it, when I give my views, its misplaced for someone else's??

Just relaying facts, if they are hard to swallow, I do apologise

Comment

Working...
                              X