Clinical Finisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinical Finisher

Is what Jay Simpson appears to be yet I have never seen a single poster identify this. Meanwhile we are all drooling over Beckford today watching the FA Cup, is he actually better than Simpson?

Ever single one of Simpsons goals for us has been a real strikers finish and all from open play, had he been the nominated penalty taker instead of Buzsaky he'd be sitting on possibly 12/19 league games instead of 9/19.

I'm not saying he doesn't get credit from the R's fans but I think he deserves more. For much of the season he has played the loan striker, worked his nuts off and taken his chances when they have passed him by.

Beckford has 5 years on Simpson and is playing League 1 football I'm not saying he is League 1 standard but those are the facts. Simpson and Beckford both have areas of their game to develop but I argue that Beckford is more closer to his peak and in the same way Sir Les developed his game around the age of 23 so could Simpson with the right coaching.

We need a brute of a striker to compliment Simpson, we don't need Beckford as we already have our 20 goal season man

well said
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

100% agree - best post in ages

Comment

I quote

'one opportunity to slam it home'

A clinical striker if ever there was one IMO

Comment

people scream for a striker a finisher and they are clearly miles wide of the mark..

jay simpson will put the ball away 9/10

what we need is the service to him and a striker to hold ball up for simpson to run off.

if we manage to sign simpson thats a great peice of business
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

post of 2010 so far !!!

Comment

Spot on and if he had a target man with him he would have double that by now.
              RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                Is what Jay Simpson appears to be yet I have never seen a single poster identify this. Meanwhile we are all drooling over Beckford today watching the FA Cup, is he actually better than Simpson?

Ever single one of Simpsons goals for us has been a real strikers finish and all from open play, had he been the nominated penalty taker instead of Buzsaky he'd be sitting on possibly 12/19 league games instead of 9/19.

I'm not saying he doesn't get credit from the R's fans but I think he deserves more. For much of the season he has played the loan striker, worked his nuts off and taken his chances when they have passed him by.

Beckford has 5 years on Simpson and is playing League 1 football I'm not saying he is League 1 standard but those are the facts. Simpson and Beckford both have areas of their game to develop but I argue that Beckford is more closer to his peak and in the same way Sir Les developed his game around the age of 23 so could Simpson with the right coaching.

We need a brute of a striker to compliment Simpson, we don't need Beckford as we already have our 20 goal season man
                Agree 100% and is why its laughable the board played him on the wing for two games so Taarabt could play up front.

Comment

spot on.

fact.

agreed.

Post of the space/time continuum

Comment

Try Helgo and Simmo up top v Plimuff.

Comment

Spot on

Comment

Simpson is quality at this level I've said that before, still doesn't mean we don't need some1 to play alongside him!

Comment

I think they are different strikers. It would be like going back to Les and Kev (before his injury). Les provides the flick on and Kev was the clinical one finisher. Together they'd be devestating.

Comment

agree with w12 ranger
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Very good post w12.

He has 10 from 20 now with some of those as a lone striker, some out on the wing, most substituted too early and some playing alongside Agyemang (who isn't a good partner up front) - just think how many he would have scored playing alongside a recognised number 9.

Comment

Working...
                              X