This Claim of Doing things On The "Cheap"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Claim of Doing things On The "Cheap"

Can I remind people we get 13,000 crowds and the same people who s.lg of Flavio Briartore want him to dig deeper into his wallet.

Think the top 3 in this division have either parachute payments/ have big crowds to subsardise contracts/wages

or have both.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

He asked us to dig deeper,us little £20 people.

Comment

Well, it can't be all bad. I had no alternative today but to pay £35 for Ipswich and they are near the bottom of the league

Which I would ask the club to replicate that for away fans, when they turn up later in the season. See if we get any uproar
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

How much do we usually charge our visitors fans?.

Do they all pay the same price?.

Comment

From the plymouth argyle website

Prices

Adults - £30
          Over 60's / 16 -21 years / Under 16 - £20

QPR are offering a special discount to season-ticket holders to bring up to four guests at the reduced price of £10

Comment

Originally posted by qpr-buzsaky View Post

QPR are offering a special discount to season-ticket holders to bring up to four guests at the reduced price of £10
            Gonna be doing deals on every home game the way things are going at the moment just to get a half decent crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              Can I remind people we get 13,000 crowds and the same people who s.lg of Flavio Briartore want him to dig deeper into his wallet.
              Nah.
              Not after big ££ signings... gave up on that hope ages ago.
              Just want him to employ a decent proven manager for once, give him a fair budget to stick to, the final say in football matters, trust him to know his stuff, and stick with him.

That would actually be cheaper than hiring multiple second-rate journeymen managers and firing them, and bringing in random loan players all the time.

If he can't do that, then we'll carry on spinning out of control, and he may as well f*** off.
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                Nah.
                Not after big ££ signings... gave up on that hope ages ago.
                Just want him to employ a decent proven manager for once, give him a fair budget to stick to, the final say in football matters, trust him to know his stuff, and stick with him.

That would actually be cheaper than hiring multiple second-rate journeymen managers and firing them, and bringing in random loan players all the time.

If he can't do that, then we'll carry on spinning out of control, and he may as well f*** off.
                We have had decent managers but we did not give them time to sort out the team and get players in over the course of a season.

Comment

Think the top 3 in this division have either parachute payments/ have big crowds to subsardise contracts/wages

or have both.
                  there is not one business out there where at some time or another the owners took risk in order to move it forward.

if he digs deeper we could get into the premiership. this will bring: bigger advertising revenue, higher gate reciepts due to more fans going, higher payments from tv.

the selling of tickets is not the most important issue at a football club. advertising always brings in more money especially in the higher leagues.

Comment

Pete, a few of serious questions for you if you dont mind:
                    1. Regardless of the fact that we're in the middle of a recession, do you honestly think the ticket pricing policy is a fair one?
                    2. Assuming you dont, do you think we'd be getting 13,000 crowds if they hadn't over-inflated the prices?
                    3. Would you agree we could be getting at least 16/17,000 and selling out the top games if they restructered it and improved their PR which in turn could return at least some of the feel-good-factor and possibly even increase their revenue?
                      (The improved atmosphere may even have a beneficial effect on the team).
                    Last edited by Stanley; 29-12-2009, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                      Pete, a few of serious questions for you if you dont mind:
                      1. Regardless of the fact that we're in the middle of a recession, do you honestly think the ticket pricing policy is a fair one?
                      2. Assuming you dont, do you think we'd be getting 13,000 crowds if they hadn't over-inflated the prices?
                      3. Would you agree we could be getting at least 16/17,000 and selling out the top games if they restructered it and improved their PR which in turn could return at least some of the feel-good-factor and possibly even increase their revenue?
                        (The improved atmosphere may even have a beneficial effect on the team).
                      good post stan

Comment

i think to be honest the current owners were taken in by the way the club was portrayed by someone....And when they realised the scale of debt did the wrong thing and hit us in the pocket...being the type of people they are they will not admit they were wrong.I think if they were to put their hands up and admit they have made errors in a big way some cred may return...All that said i think the blame lays at one set of feet as hes done a used car salesman deal and sold a lemon.Amit seemed in touch with us and i hope his father in law steps in.

Comment

Originally posted by qprsouth View Post
                          i think to be honest the current owners were taken in by the way the club was portrayed by someone....And when they realised the scale of debt did the wrong thing and hit us in the pocket...being the type of people they are they will not admit they were wrong.I think if they were to put their hands up and admit they have made errors in a big way some cred may return...All that said i think the blame lays at one set of feet as hes done a used car salesman deal and sold a lemon.Amit seemed in touch with us and i hope his father in law steps in.
                          This is a point which is often overlooked, it was widely reported at the time the club was sold to the board on the basis that we get 20000 gates.

Comment

ipswich was £33 in advance...

their gaff their rules

I NEVER ASKED FOR A 4YR PLAN...ONLY STABILITY...
                            i have waited 15 yrs for a tad of success another 10 means little.

flav wanted, maybe, to show off his toy club to rich playboy mates and it hasn't worked.

the c-club is ever empty..thats a £1m of seats wasted...so too most boxes...

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post

the c-club is ever empty..thats a £1m of seats wasted...so too most boxes...
                              As one of those ousted from what is now W12, I was disappointed to have to move, but swallowed it on the basis that it would bring more money in to the club. C-Club could only work in the Championship if there were big names on show on the pitch, although at the right price it could still bring in more cash if marketed properly, which clearly hasn't happened.
                              This is one of the things I don't understand about our owners, why they havent been able to do that properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X