Glass half full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass half full

Having read threads with titles such as “Our Season Is Over”, along with others looking to blame various different people but mainly one or two, I just could not resist an attempt at being positive.

OWNERS

Despite what many fans assumed what having the “Richest Owners” in football would do for our club, in fairness to them, they never promised to spend ridiculous amounts of money. Quite the opposite in fact, which I for one was pleased to hear as I’m sure not many of us wish to be associated with the “Chelsea Model”.

We are currently 10th, despite going through one of the worst spells we have had for many years, which I would regard as progress from where we were when they arrived which was 10 places or so below that.

PLAY OFF PROSPECTS

I personally think that four points off a play off position with 22 games to go means we still have a good chance of making it if certain things are addressed quite soon. Things such as doing what the vast majority of us have known for several years, ie. buying a couple of proper strikers who can put away a better proportion of the chances we create. Personally I don’t care which division they come from, but the ability to at least get a shot on target from anywhere within 20 yards or so would be quite a novel change to what we have seen lately. No point in bothering though if we leave it to the last minute as usual, as another wasted month will only see us slip even further behind.

It is well worth remembering that the reason it is supposedly difficult to get out of this division, is not the fact that there are so many good sides in it, more so that most of them are of such poor quality it is almost a joke.

A settled team of our own players, as opposed to loanees that are only here due to the fact that they are not considered good enough for their own clubs, would be a step in the right direction, as would not playing players out of position and continually chopping and changing the side and leaving better players on the bench than in the starting line up.

US FANS

We really must learn to lighten up a bit and I include myself in that. I know it’s hard. We are all no doubt frustrated that a season that should have seen us comfortably in the top 3 or 4 places throughout, has been very flat with only half a dozen or so good performances. Particularly when we had the easiest start to a season we could have hoped for. Criticising the owners, manager, players and fellow fans at every opportunity really does not help.

AND FINALLY, THE MANAGER

Please could you realise a lot quicker than the last couple of jokers, which player is best suited to which position. And if you do, leave them alone. Just basic things like Hall, Stewart &Watson should never be in a starting line up due to the fact it would mean leaving out players far superior to them in these positions. Only play loan players if absolutely necessary. Any player who has made the commitment to signing permanently for our club, deserves his spot and should be treated more favourably than another team’s FAILURE, who in getting game time at the expense of our players, affects the confidence and future prospects of such players, meaning that they are less accomplished and experienced when we need them after the loanee has returned or been sold to another club who pays what he wants.

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY 2010,
    and remember, it will only take a slight improvement on the first half of the season to get into and stay in the top 6.

And if we cannot manage that, then the glass will be somewhat more than half empty.

Quite well put actually.

Comment

top post

think at this time of the day its only positive people left as the others have jumped of hammersmith bridge or something
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
        top post

think at this time of the day its only positive people left as the others have jumped of hammersmith bridge or something

Either that or the copious amounts of alcohol needed to follow Rangers has taken effect.

Had trouble typing that out.

Comment

hahaha

back to work for me tomorrow so early night match of the day.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
            hahaha

back to work for me tomorrow so early night match of the day.
            Not back until next monday.

Hopefully after a winning trip to Bramall Lane.Gonna be a long day.

Comment

Problem is Hart will need a miracle to get this lot into the play offs this season.

How this team could be playing skillful and attractive football one minute, now play like this is beyond me. The tempo was much higher and the team cannot dig deep, when they need to. What, I mean by that is, no-one is getting stuck in.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                Problem is Hart will need a miracle to get this lot into the play offs this season.

How this team could be playing skillful and attractive football one minute, now play like this is beyond me. The tempo was much higher and the team cannot dig deep, when they need to. What, I mean by that is, no-one is getting stuck in.
                Think team morale is shot to pieces myself.Gonna be hard to get it back as well.

Comment

Keep the faith Pete, at least we cannot get any worse.

At least, I hope we can't.

Comment

Working...
                  X