Is it Time for the Fans to Act?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Time for the Fans to Act?

Judging by the reaction on here, other fan sites and by fans on matchdays, I think it's fairly safe to say that the vast majority of fans are very unhappy with the way the club is being run.

Do we think it's time for the fans to make a stand?

And by that I obviously mean a lot more than a round of boos after every game (which I think most of us agree is counter productive anyway).

Do we think some kind of anti Briatore/Paladini protest could be beneficial to the club?

While I am absolutely adamant that I would like to see Briatore go as soon as possible, I am obviously also very concerned that if he does we will have nobody to bankroll our expensive wage bill and administration would loom once more.

What is the answer?

Do any of the ITK's have any idea of the Mittals current involvement and whether they would step in if Flav was ousted?

Get them two from Birmingham in Gold and Sullivan.

Comment

Can't imagine the Mittals wanting the hassle if we did 'oust' Briatore!

Comment

think if FB goes the mittals will follow....so sh!t creek & paddle comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
          think if FB goes the mittals will follow....so sh!t creek & paddle comes to mind.
          That's my worry too Quaz.

Unfortunately Mr Briatore appears to have us by the short and curlies because nobody else is stupid enough to bank roll our old debts plus his ridiculous expenditure from the last couple of seasons!

Comment

no - any protesting will scare off the Mittals as well I am sure.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              That's my worry too Quaz.

Unfortunately Mr Briatore appears to have us by the short and curlies because nobody else is stupid enough to bank roll our old debts plus his ridiculous expenditure from the last couple of seasons!
              people are slating him but he aint daft....big loan to cover the ABC.....the ground is owned by who?....so he and the board have covered themselves for any situation.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                no - any protesting will scare off the Mittals as well I am sure.
                So the fans just sit back and put up with the club being destroyed?.......Where do you draw the line?

Just a hypothetical scenario for you. Say that the poor run we are in right now continues and this time next year we find ourselves at the bottom of the table. How long do you think Mr Briatore will hang about when he realises his 5 year plan is f*cked?

He can quite happily up and leave, with all his money at any given moment leaving us staring administration in the face.

While I would obviously be concerned if the current regime left with nobody to take the reigns, I can't help but think if things continue like they are at the moment we will only find ourselves further in debt and further down the table!

Comment

something has to be done.

we didn't like wasps playing on our ground so we protested and we won

so obviousley it works
                  WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Strangely I think Briatore is the most committed member of the board and the man to take this club forward.

Briatore nees to surround himself with football men, I don't doubt he likes to interfere and throw his weight around but until Paladini leaves he'll never understand how to run a football club.

Personally I trust Briatore far more than The Mittals and I don't get where these guys will be our saviours is coming from they given us no indication to date that they will be.

Briatore needs to get himself a respected advisor within the game someone like Venables or Francis who have ties to the club and have its best interests at heart.

This club is rotting at the core but simply ousting Briatore is not the solution I would sooner remedy the problem and do believe showing Paladini the door would be the start of that.

Comment

listen to the last verse of coward of the county record by Kenny Rodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        Strangely I think Briatore is the most committed member of the board and the man to take this club forward.

Briatore nees to surround himself with football men, I don't doubt he likes to interfere and throw his weight around but until Paladini leaves he'll never understand how to run a football club.

Personally I trust Briatore far more than The Mittals and I don't get where these guys will be our saviours is coming from they given us no indication to date that they will be.

Briatore needs to get himself a respected advisor within the game someone like Venables or Francis who have ties to the club and have its best interests at heart.

This club is rotting at the core but simply ousting Briatore is not the solution I would sooner remedy the problem and do believe showing Paladini the door would be the start of that.
                        That's not something I had considered but i do see your point.

I get the impression that Flavio is a complete control freak though and will always want to run the show!

Comment

Working...
                        X