No announcement yet.

Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make a fair point BR but on the other hand why with all the millions in sponsorship and revenue they have generated can't they fill LR by passing on some of that money to the fans?
    Not like they have spent huge amounts on playing staff.....management pay-off's they certainly have (wasted).
    The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
    :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
      You make a fair point BR but on the other hand why with all the millions in sponsorship and revenue they have generated can't they fill LR by passing on some of that money to the fans?
      Not like they have spent huge amounts on playing staff.....management pay-off's they certainly have (wasted).
      As I said, they have made mistakes. Ticket pricing is one of those areas that we cannot be certain as to the effect of. Apparently, research indicates that whilst lowering the price of tickets will lead to increased attendances, not necessarily enough to recoup the effects of the reduction in income caused in doing so.

Although, if they are going to lose money, they may as well keep the fans onside during that period.

Comment

it has been pointed out to the club by various fans groups individually and through oneqpr that their policy was a mistake both in temrs of pricing and the vat element. the club have squirmed and prevaracated on the vat element giving several different official reasons for this, each time they have been told they are wrong. they have finally accepted that point. to be honest the overall reduction was better than i expected although it is a long way from what i think the club should have done.

lets make no bones about it, if st sales had been flying along they would not have backed down but the low take up combined with consistent pressure from groups AND individuals has had its effect.

I hope they learn from this although i fear they wont. looking at the responses its clear that many are underwhelmed. If they had started from the point of a 5% reduction at the time the earlybird was announced and not tried to wangle the VAT then I think they response would have been more positive.

I said I would not renew on the original terms. on this reduction I will reconsider however I am disgusted with the removal of Sousa and more specifically the distasteful way his removal has been engineered and I will not renew on the basis of a promise of better next season I want a new manager confirmed before the deadline and a fergeson or wise type appointment will not interest me in the least. to trash off sousa like that they had better have a Sven or similar up thier sleeves if they want me to "invest" again for next season.
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Maybe the penny has finally dropped that last seasons price hike was extortionate.Could be worse though,the top price seat at Ipswich next year is over £700.

Personally i think the cheapest seats should be about £375,with the dearest about £500.

It is Championship football after all.

Comment

Working...
          X