Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Jay Bothroyd!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...cid=spartandhp
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Missed a sitter at Newcastle a few years back. Think it was maybe Hughes first game?

Comment

The maestro of tripping himself up and getting a freekick.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
        Missed a sitter at Newcastle a few years back. Think it was maybe Hughes first game?
        He did. Was at that game.

Pretty sure Leon Best scored for them in a 1-0 loss.

Best memory of Bothroyd was the 2-3 Man City game where he scored a brace. Although we lost we were fantastic that night and it was such a fantastic game.

Comment

Another player with lots of potential spoilt st a young age and unwilling to work hard

We have had some proper lazy kants on our books. Adel, Swp, Morrison, Chery, mutch, jet, vine

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Another player with lots of potential spoilt st a young age and unwilling to work hard

We have had some proper lazy kants on our books. Adel, Swp, Morrison, Chery, mutch, jet, vine
            Vine over cisse, not sure about that!
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Best memory of Bothroyd was the 2-3 Man City game where he scored a brace. Although we lost we were fantastic that night and it was such a fantastic game.
              What a game.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Interesting read that. I had no idea that Bothroyd was epileptic. Interesting that he's held his hands up to wasting his talent at the end of the interview. Not sure how to feel about that. Commend his honesty, but it is a bit of p*ss take for all the clubs that have lined his pockets over the years.

Comment

If I recall correctly wasn't it him that lost possession at the death of that famous loss to Man City. He could have just taken it into the corner but lost it and the rest is history.
                  Still, at least it gave us that lovely moment of watching Untied lose the title race once we knew Bolton hadn't won.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

One of the best games I've ever seen - and we lost !

Remember doing the Poznan when we scored as well...great atmosphere.

Was pretty sure Helguson got one for us though ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Yes we were doing that in X block. Great atmosphere and game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

You could be right.

Did Bothroyd have a great header crash off the bar?

Maybe I'm thinking that and it wasn't a second goal.

Either way what a game of football.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger
                          I can understand why Jimmy thought bothroyd got 2, he pretty much did. Just heidar flicked it in on the line....

Thats the one Hove

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Vine over cisse, not sure about that!
                            I really liked Cisse tbf - but have to admit, the back end of his stay at us he was unbelievably lazy. I went up to the WBA FA cup replay at their place midweek and, IIRC, he was dragged at HT and that was the last we saw of him. Was one of the worst individual performances I have seen; that time Balotelli had a stinker at our place for Liverpool reminded me of it tbh.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Not forgetting him ripping apart a team at home then retaliating stupidly to get sent off. Missed 3 games came back and got sent off again!!! 5 game ban.

That goal against Stoke at home though at the Loft End. Roof nearly came off.

I was at his debut for us against Villa away when we were 2-0 up he scored twice and thought wowwww we have a player here. He was ok for us not amazing by any stretch.

Comment

Working...
                              X