Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Nobody knows what FFP really means to us as club once we finally get passed this initial fine.
    2. Nobody knows what the plan is for the club going into the Summer and beyond, if you do you certainly have inside info.

Comment

With youngsters breaking in and doing well, maybe Ned deserves credit for helping to create an environment in which they can thrive. If an offer comes in for one of our midfielder's then I am happy if we sell as it creates an opportunity for a youngster coming through. By all accounts we have three talented goalkeepers which doesn't make sense, and at least one should be sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
        With youngsters breaking in and doing well, maybe Ned deserves credit for helping to create an environment in which they can thrive. If an offer comes in for one of our midfielder's then I am happy if we sell as it creates an opportunity for a youngster coming through. By all accounts we have three talented goalkeepers which doesn't make sense, and at least one should be sold.
        Lumley, Ingram & Smithies?

Yeah, all 3 are good, but Smithies is head and shoulders above the other 2. We also don't have anyone that I'm aware of in the U23's who is close to first team football. If 1 of our keepers left, we'd have to find a replacement.
        Last edited by Tarbie; 29-03-2018, 02:43 PM.
        Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
        Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Padam, can I suggest you also post this in the "I think we have to sell players for 10m to 20m" thread? As it really would be pertinent to that discussion.
          Ha, I was going to suggest Oslos 10-20m post and Tarbs well reasoned response were bunged here...

Meanwhile, THIS is a pretty thorough examination of the current state of play, its a link to the webpage Hits was quoting from (post 21 above) but easier to read.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Ha, I was going to suggest Oslos 10-20m post and Tarbs well reasoned response were bunged here...
            Done. Have copied them here, so they're still in the source thread too.

Comment

:thumb:

I'd still like to know exactly who we're appealing to re FPP. The Court for Arbitration in sport is sanctioned by UEFA to rule on FFP but to my knowledge that aint where we're headed.

I believe we're no longer questioning the legality of the sanction - we did that first time round - but the way the fine has been constituted. I think it's really strange that none of the clubs hit by FFP in the UK ever joined forces when taking action against FFP sanctions.

Comment

Think tonight might of changed real madrids mind about smithies.

Comment

Sounds positive

Lots of people talking about our finances, if you want an in-depth look at everything head over to @SwissRamble on twitter, very detailed. The highlights for us are our EBITDA rating, which basically is our earnings before interest, depreciation and amortisation is added. It in very basic terms represents our sustainability. And how we are running as a club. We are top in the Championship for that at the moment, and if you look at the graph detailing our rating for the last 8 years, we have massively turned a corner.
                  Check out the full details: https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/stat...78018494992385
                  No automatic alt text available.

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                    Yup, good spot, I've linked to the Swiss Rambler blog before, he's done at least two excellent in depth pieces covering different financial periods. The twitter link is his latest summary.

Meanwhile I still can't find out who exactly we are appealing to re FPP. There was talk of CAS involvement (www.tas-cas.org) but that seems not to be the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X