Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value - LR vs A new ground

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Value - LR vs A new ground

    In todays market how much do you think Loftus Road is worth and how much would a new ground be.

    I am not a property expert or an accountant but maybe the difference between the two prices could go some way
    to saving our skins should the fine be upheld in tow to three years time just a thought.

    Just maybe the EFL are aware of this and if so no doubt looking to jump on the gravy train.

    Dont shoot me just thinking out loud

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bill View Post
    In todays market how much do you think Loftus Road is worth and how much would a new ground be.

    I am not a property expert or an accountant but maybe the difference between the two prices could go some way
    to saving our skins should the fine be upheld in tow to three years time just a thought.

    Just maybe the EFL are aware of this and if so no doubt looking to jump on the gravy train.

    Dont shoot me just thinking out loud
    Royal mail building and land in sw1 sold for 50 mil.

    I think we would not get much more than 15 mil for our 1.5 acrs
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

    Comment


    • #3
      I still think if you flattened Loftus Road got the land behind school end and built out onto SA Road we could build a modern smart 25K+ stadium if done smartly. Might not have all the extras owners initially invisaged like hotels etc but could have decent ground with enhanced corporate/hospitality

      Do know the club are wining and dining local businesses from Linford Christie area at todays game so that’s clearly option

      Comment


      • #4
        Not an expert but I think LR development could more than cover the cost of a new stadium at the Linford Christy

        Comment


        • #5
          We won't be getting a new ground so no point discussing it. So dog you think selling a small plot of land for one around the corner much bigger will cover the cost of it all? One of our owners has dismissed us getting one at old oak and even hoos only spoke about the training ground in the podcast even though both were mentioned. This ffp just adds more fuel to the plans.
          I played sunday league football today.

          Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

          I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

          We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            We won't be getting a new ground so no point discussing it.
            You heard something we ain't then?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              We won't be getting a new ground so no point discussing it. So dog you think selling a small plot of land for one around the corner much bigger will cover the cost of it all? One of our owners has dismissed us getting one at old oak and even hoos only spoke about the training ground in the podcast even though both were mentioned. This ffp just adds more fuel to the plans.
              Yes I agree we won't be getting a new ground so it's hypothetical , but yes I do think a small plot of land that comes with rights for development that makes it prime building land is definitely worth more than a bigger site around the corner that come with absolutely no development rights

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                We won't be getting a new ground so no point discussing it. So dog you think selling a small plot of land for one around the corner much bigger will cover the cost of it all? One of our owners has dismissed us getting one at old oak and even hoos only spoke about the training ground in the podcast even though both were mentioned. This ffp just adds more fuel to the plans.
                So how do you know we wont be getting a new ground.

                My thread is not about new ground but us surviving.

                What if we developed Loftus rd ourselves or with the Mittals and built luxury appartments with the obligatory
                homes for the masses how much would that bring in.

                Weare12 if you have a better idea let us have it as you seen to know whats what

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  Royal mail building and land in sw1 sold for 50 mil.

                  I think we would not get much more than 15 mil for our 1.5 acrs
                  Oh well just a thought thanks Hitman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    I still think if you flattened Loftus Road got the land behind school end and built out onto SA Road we could build a modern smart 25K+ stadium if done smartly. Might not have all the extras owners initially invisaged like hotels etc but could have decent ground with enhanced corporate/hospitality

                    Do know the club are wining and dining local businesses from Linford Christie area at todays game so that’s clearly option
                    Thats good so maybe there is a chance

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      Royal mail building and land in sw1 sold for 50 mil.

                      I think we would not get much more than 15 mil for our 1.5 acrs
                      I think you'd get way, way more than that for it. Redeveloped you'd get in the region of 200+ luxury flats that would sell for an absolute minimum of 500K going up to over 2-3M for the penthouses, so the value of that land would be more like 50M in today's market I reckon, maybe more. Take a look at this for a rough guide: https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/land/london/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        So how do you know we wont be getting a new ground.

                        My thread is not about new ground but us surviving.

                        What if we developed Loftus rd ourselves or with the Mittals and built luxury appartments with the obligatory
                        homes for the masses how much would that bring in.

                        Weare12 if you have a better idea let us have it as you seen to know whats what
                        Yeah I make you right Bill our chances of surviving at this level don't look good short term if at all if the fine that's mooted is implemented already there are clubs in div one that that have bigger stadia than us and the likes of Wimbledon looking build bigger than what we've got , how many housing units could be built at LR I estimate upward to a hundred at an average of 500k each ! Makes weares arguement of of LRs value compared to Linford Christy look a bit weak yeah
                        Ot
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 28-10-2017, 10:57 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          I think you'd get way, way more than that for it. Redeveloped you'd get in the region of 200+ luxury flats that would sell for an absolute minimum of 500K going up to over 2-3M for the penthouses, so the value of that land would be more like 50M in today's market I reckon, maybe more. Take a look at this for a rough guide: https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/land/london/
                          Thanks Hubble seems there is a distinct difference in opinions really.................on this board Never

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Doesn't matter if there's a shortfall on LR. Our owners are loaded and want the new stadium, na na na na na.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Thanks Hubble seems there is a distinct difference in opinions really.................on this board Never
                              Bill also bear in mind the ground wouldn't be sold development , it would be developed as TF is already into development on old oak

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X