Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers10 View Post
    But one is a striker and one is a midfielder, the striker should have a good shots to goals rate, which Washington clearly hasn't, and it is almost irrelevant for mass as being the player he is he doesn't get as many chances as conor.

And I'll tell you what I think of your opinion, like it or not.
    Your opinion bothers me not one iota.

I get what you are saying, far better explained there than in your expletive ridden volley previously. My point is, has Washington been given a good run in the side as an out and out striker which is what you are alluding to that he is. I would say he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip, he may or may not end up scoring a barrel load of goals at this level, just don't think he's has ample chance to prove it yet. Too young to write off.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Your opinion bothers me not one iota.

I get what you are saying, far better explained there than in your expletive ridden volley previously. My point is, has Washington been given a good run in the side as an out and out striker which is what you are alluding to that he is. I would say he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip, he may or may not end up scoring a barrel load of goals at this level, just don't think he's has ample chance to prove it yet. Too young to write off.
      Bakes washington Polter Idris has had plss poor service from all our m/f players , any forward is only as good the service he gets , a playmaker should supply chances for for average strikers but can make a good striker look average with a poor service

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Bakes washington Polter Idris has had plss poor service from all our m/f players , any forward is only as good the service he gets , a playmaker should supply chances for for average strikers but can make a good striker look average with a poor service
        And yet one scores 6, one scores 4 (really 5) and one scores 2 (really 1). This whole CW love in is really odd to me, a striker who doesn't score goals but is apparently good enough because people see potential? Or they see flashes of decency? What flashes of decency?

He runs a lot sure, but so does Polter. He's definitely no better than Polter physically, polter is pretty much as fast as washington at full speed and is much stronger. Good on him, he's got a good attitude, but it only gets you part of the way. Polter at least has a brilliant attitude on the pitch and knows that if he gets the chance, he can score it. Same for Sylla.

Washington for all his running can't finish and ultimately, if you can't finish as a striker you're not good enough and you're not what we need. People keep complaining and complaining about how we need goals in the side. People will shift the blame onto the midfield for not getting goals, or will shift it to Polter. Why does Washington get a free pass? If CW actually scored the chances he's had, no one would be complaining about the midfield not scoring.

I say just make sure he isn't at the club by the end of Jan, be it a loan or a sale, and get someone who will actually do the job a striker is supposed to do, and finish chances. What matters is not how good a player is overall, but how good they are playing in the system we have. Washington is not good enough unfortunately, as has been demonstrated by his inability to score and thus, should be replaced with someone better.

Oh and those saying that Washington hasn't been played enough, he's got 100 more minutes on the pitch than polter and just under 500 more minutes than Sylla.

He's also been rated the 7th worst player in the division to play the minimum amount of matches (out of 340 players) and he is the lowest rated striker in the League by a huge distance of all striker who've made 8 or more starting appearances. Don't take the ratings system as gospel, but when the difference is this clear, it's pretty obvious there's an issue.

Oh and for Pinkie, I've taken a look at every shot he's taken from inside the box this season and of those 19, only 2 would be considered to be taken from wide positions within the box.
        And for your Torres thing, he lost his pace and didn't get as many opportunities created for him as he did at liverpool. Going from 3+ shots per game at liverpool to 1.8 per game at Chelsea suggests that the way they played wasn't right for him and that was pretty clear. It's not a confidence thing because he was never particularly consistent for them at any point. He leaves Chelsea right as he learns to adapt his game to match his age and he starts doing well for Atletico.

Washington would be a decent comparison to be honest, because it's not a confidence thing, it's a style of play thing and he isn't right for ours. Torres at least still had decent finishing in general (first full season at chelsea and second, 20 shots and 29 shots on target respectively, 6 and 8 league goals)

Hope that answers all the questions regarding my position on this. Didn't want the post to be so long but hopefully won't have to post again on the matter as it's unnecessary beyond everything here. Hope everyone has a good day and we all get to celebrate a victory together tomorrow.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We signed him on the back of one good half season. When you play 40 games you expect a better return than 2 goals regardless of service.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            And yet one scores 6, one scores 4 (really 5) and one scores 2 (really 1). This whole CW love in is really odd to me, a striker who doesn't score goals but is apparently good enough because people see potential? Or they see flashes of decency? What flashes of decency?

He runs a lot sure, but so does Polter. He's definitely no better than Polter physically, polter is pretty much as fast as washington at full speed and is much stronger. Good on him, he's got a good attitude, but it only gets you part of the way. Polter at least has a brilliant attitude on the pitch and knows that if he gets the chance, he can score it. Same for Sylla.

Washington for all his running can't finish and ultimately, if you can't finish as a striker you're not good enough and you're not what we need. People keep complaining and complaining about how we need goals in the side. People will shift the blame onto the midfield for not getting goals, or will shift it to Polter. Why does Washington get a free pass? If CW actually scored the chances he's had, no one would be complaining about the midfield not scoring.

I say just make sure he isn't at the club by the end of Jan, be it a loan or a sale, and get someone who will actually do the job a striker is supposed to do, and finish chances. What matters is not how good a player is overall, but how good they are playing in the system we have. Washington is not good enough unfortunately, as has been demonstrated by his inability to score and thus, should be replaced with someone better.

Oh and those saying that Washington hasn't been played enough, he's got 100 more minutes on the pitch than polter and just under 500 more minutes than Sylla.

He's also been rated the 7th worst player in the division to play the minimum amount of matches (out of 340 players) and he is the lowest rated striker in the League by a huge distance of all striker who've made 8 or more starting appearances. Don't take the ratings system as gospel, but when the difference is this clear, it's pretty obvious there's an issue.

Oh and for Pinkie, I've taken a look at every shot he's taken from inside the box this season and of those 19, only 2 would be considered to be taken from wide positions within the box.
            And for your Torres thing, he lost his pace and didn't get as many opportunities created for him as he did at liverpool. Going from 3+ shots per game at liverpool to 1.8 per game at Chelsea suggests that the way they played wasn't right for him and that was pretty clear. It's not a confidence thing because he was never particularly consistent for them at any point. He leaves Chelsea right as he learns to adapt his game to match his age and he starts doing well for Atletico.

Washington would be a decent comparison to be honest, because it's not a confidence thing, it's a style of play thing and he isn't right for ours. Torres at least still had decent finishing in general (first full season at chelsea and second, 20 shots and 29 shots on target respectively, 6 and 8 league goals)

Hope that answers all the questions regarding my position on this. Didn't want the post to be so long but hopefully won't have to post again on the matter as it's unnecessary beyond everything here. Hope everyone has a good day and we all get to celebrate a victory together tomorrow.
            Love in Love in coming from you I have to chuckle ! How you can convince yourself Luongo is any more than a player that flatters to deceive tells me you don't watch a game you look for stats And orgasm on how many times a player touches a ball but remember we don't all look at a game the same way

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Polter at least has a brilliant attitude on the pitch and knows that if he gets the chance, he can score it.

Like when the "sun got in his eyes" and he missed an open goal.......

As for attitude, I'm not sure you can question Washington's. Never stops running and will play out of position for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                Love in Love in coming from you I have to chuckle ! How you can convince yourself Luongo is any more than a player that flatters to deceive tells me you don't watch a game you look for stats And orgasm on how many times a player touches a ball but remember we don't all look at a game the same way
                He's right though.

If we adapt to a different system Conor might do well, but is that really going to happen?

He absolutely needs a strike partner and service. We struggle to play two up front, and we struggle with service.

Not saying give up on the guy, as much as I'm saying be realistic it's just highly unlikely he'll come good here.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  He absolutely needs a strike partner and service. We struggle to play two up front, and we struggle with service.
                  Service is the main issue. A decent creative midfielder with the ability to play a ball through or over the defence instead of straight to them (a la Lynch who seems to be the main outlet) would make a huge difference for Washington's game.

As for strike partner...given time with Sylla I could see that working.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                    He's right though.

If we adapt to a different system Conor might do well, but is that really going to happen?

Not saying give up on the guy, as much as I'm saying be realistic it's just highly unlikely he'll come good here.
                    I wasn't debating any qualities C W might or might not have Topper I was pointing out the lack creativity supplied by our m/f they offer little cover to the defence and supplie little for whoever is playing up front

Comment

Panic buy to replace Charlie. Said it at the time and it's absolutely shocking business. I also got shot down for questioning whether it was actually a JFH signing as it made no sense because JFH was/is so intent on playing 1 upfront and every man and his dog knows Connor needs someone to play off. Bought him based on a 3 month period, laughable!

Comment

2 goals from 21 league starts.
                        A striker creates chances from nothing.
                        2 goals from a total of 36 games is atrocious - take what you can get and bail.
                        Put the shirt on an actual nine

Comment

He needs through balls and 1 v 1 situations with goalkeeper and doesn't get those with us. Is he so good that we should change our system and play to his strengths? I don't think so. And service isn't everything. Some strikers play deeper, beat their man and create chances for themselves. He may be decent player in a right system and team, but his future here doesn't seem very good unless he improves himself on the wing.

Comment

If we can bring in someone half decent I'd get rid.

Had enough time to make SOME sort of impact and has done fk all. Flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              If we can bring in someone half decent I'd get rid.

Had enough time to make SOME sort of impact and has done fk all. Flop.
                              Yep. 100%. Polter and Sylla have scored goals with the same service Washington has had.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                                Panic buy to replace Charlie. Said it at the time and it's absolutely shocking business. I also got shot down for questioning whether it was actually a JFH signing as it made no sense because JFH was/is so intent on playing 1 upfront and every man and his dog knows Connor needs someone to play off. Bought him based on a 3 month period, laughable!
                                Maybe Pboro will buy him back? Whaddaya reckon?

Comment

Working...
                                X