100m for Pogba. Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100m for Pogba. Really?

He is very talented, no doubt, but 100m? Gareth Bale was 87m, is he 100m now or more?

He's no Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar or Suarez but then they're not up for sale. It must just be economics, supply and demand. Where will it end?

The basic fee they're asking for is £85m. It's only £100m with bonuses and add ons.

And £85m may be the price Juve are putting on him but his market value just before the euros was around £60m. Bale's was £68m.

Comment

Pogshite, he try's to win the game on his own, not a team player IMO
      You Rsssssss

Comment

He's about 80m on Xbox 360!

Comment

Is any player worth the price paid...?? in most cases clearly not. Man City sign a load of players many have barely heard of for around £35m every year. Sterling £50m.....really.

He is seen as a next major talent getting better year on year, plus one of the main factors is he's only 23 I think. Interesting what Rio said before the match about him that there was no doubt from anyone in the dressing room at UTD that he would become a top player and that it was a big mistake to let him go like they did. Laughable really that they let him go for nothing and 4 years later may pay £100m. Bit of a negative on Sir Alex's legacy that one, as was letting Pique slip away... Similar to Chelsea apparently prepared to pay £40m more for Lakaku than they sold him for 2 years ago. Football has seriously gone mad, but with the insane money on offer for top sides they can do it.

Comment

Like anything, a footballer is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him.

Concurrently, their actual market value vs the price put on his head are usually far apart amounts.

Comment

the pob...............

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

worth whatever someone wants to pay for him really.

Not sure why people dig at him "he tries to win in by himself", i just see that as taking responsibility and not hiding, trying to make a difference. Is a decent talent, but the fact relegated Sissoko started ahead of him perhaps says something to these figures being banded around.

Comment

I watch Pogba play and I really can't see what the fuss is about. Seems to have all the attributes (but then again, so did Emile Heskey), but that doesn't make him worth 100m. For me, if you are going to drop that kind of money, at least make it for a player that can win you games and you can build a team around (e.g. Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale), which Pogba isn't.

If I was Jose Mourinho I'd sign Riyad Mahrez and tuck 60 or 70m quid away for their next transfer rather than drop 100m on Pogba.

That said, I don't watch Italian football so I haven't seen him week in, week out. Maybe he does more in a Juve shirt than he does for France!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    I watch Pogba play and I really can't see what the fuss is about. Seems to have all the attributes (but then again, so did Emile Heskey), but that doesn't make him worth 100m. For me, if you are going to drop that kind of money, at least make it for a player that can win you games and you can build a team around (e.g. Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale), which Pogba isn't.

If I was Jose Mourinho I'd sign Riyad Mahrez and tuck 60 or 70m quid away for their next transfer rather than drop 100m on Pogba.

That said, I don't watch Italian football so I haven't seen him week in, week out. Maybe he does more in a Juve shirt than he does for France!
                    Yea that's the thing, he's a different player for Juve. When he's given a free role unlike with France, he's an animal on the ball and his presence is very noticeable. Deschamps played him so deep that he couldn't do a thing offensively. Is he worth 100m? Well, he is to Man Utd and that's all that matters at the end of the day.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Played to deep in these Euros to shine IMO. Also he is one of the current poster boys of football, they will make a lot on shirt sales/sponsorship/etc alone.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                        Also he is one of the current poster boys of football, they will make a lot on shirt sales/sponsorship/etc alone.
                        Yeah... he's the modern day Carlton Palmer.

Comment

Surely would make more sense to buy the Leicester bloke who had a blinding season (not vardy) and payet and still have change.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Surely would make more sense to buy the Leicester bloke who had a blinding season (not vardy) and payet and still have change.
                            Mahrez, yeah I cant see Payet leaving west ham, I think he has been waiting all his career for a manager to really believe in him and trsut him and Bilic is that guy along with Deschamps.
                            As everyone else said Juventus play a different game. 3 at back so no need to work defensively, and Sturaro there first if they do so he can just play his game.

Comment

footballs gone mad , he has been built up by the media into the new zidane he couldn't lace zz's boots

Comment

Working...
                              X