Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Eleven

If all played to there full potential?
    e.g Phillips should be tearing this league apart, and Sandro has faced harder opposition than what's in front of him now.

Green
    Perch Ned Hall Yun
    Sandro Faurlin
    Phillips Fer Chery
    JET
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Green
      Perch Ned Hall Yun
      Sandro Faurlin
      Phillips Fer Chery
      JET
      Would have Hoilett for Fer and Polter for JET.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Green
        Perch Ned Hall Yun
        Sandro Faurlin
        Phillips Fer Chery
        JET

Fer's done nothing in that position and, please God, will be shipped out; Chery wasn't good on the left; Jet's a lazy loon. How you can not play Luongo in the middle is a mystery. Or ignore Hollett. Green?

Comment

Smithies
          Perch Onuoha Hall Yun
          Faurlin Doughty
          Philipps Chery/Luongo Hoilett
          Polter

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuas35 View Post
            Smithies
            Perch Onuoha Hall Yun
            Faurlin Doughty
            Philipps Chery/Luongo Hoilett
            Polter
            What a terrible team. Thankfully Doughty is presently on loan. That would be an awful midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              What a terrible team. Thankfully Doughty is presently on loan. That would be an awful midfield.
              I don't get it, what's wrong with Doughty? Every time I've seen him he's been decent. And conversely, every time I've seen Luongo, he's been weak. Granted I've only seen them live twice each or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuas35 View Post
                I don't get it, what's wrong with Doughty? Every time I've seen him he's been decent. And conversely, every time I've seen Luongo, he's been weak. Granted I've only seen them live twice each or something.
                Can't play two defensively minded cms in 4231. Doing that means we don't score or create anything. Luongo sucks in the hole, but is promising in the middle. As on Saturday. I'd play 4442 with Washington up with Polter. Doughy's presently on loan at Swindon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Fer's done nothing in that position and, please God, will be shipped out; Chery wasn't good on the left; Jet's a lazy loon. How you can not play Luongo in the middle is a mystery. Or ignore Hollett. Green?
                  Chery's only contribution to this team has come when he's played on the left (loads of data backs this up, all his goals and assists come from the left. We are going on the team based on pure talent. Talent wise, Fer is a level above every single player at this club without fail. JET isn't far behind. This isn't our in form team, this is our talent side and Faurlin is stupidly talented, so is Sandro, and so is everyone in this team relative to their position. S h i t, even Green is a really talented keeper who's not in form at all.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Chery's only contribution to this team has come when he's played on the left (loads of data backs this up, all his goals and assists come from the left. We are going on the team based on pure talent. Talent wise, Fer is a level above every single player at this club without fail. JET isn't far behind. This isn't our in form team, this is our talent side and Faurlin is stupidly talented, so is Sandro, and so is everyone in this team relative to their position. S h i t, even Green is a really talented keeper who's not in form at all.
                    One of your more peculiar posts. Talent alone is not a reason to pick players, this is not a circus act (well....?) it's a football team and there is not team without things like spirit, desire, application etc. Fer is a passenger and gawd knows what goes on with JET. And you'd pick an out of form (over the hill?) keeper whose body language says he should be taking happy pills?

Comment

In fairness the OP did say 'if they all played to their potential' so spirit and desire etc wouldn't come in to it.

Would say that Nassers got it pretty much bang on which in itself says a lot about the players because when you do actually take the attributes you mention into account then the team would change dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        One of your more peculiar posts. Talent alone is not a reason to pick players, this is not a circus act (well....?) it's a football team and there is not team without things like spirit, desire, application etc. Fer is a passenger and gawd knows what goes on with JET. And you'd pick an out of form (over the hill?) keeper whose body language says he should be taking happy pills?
                        Agree with this. Think Nas has gone down the route of individual stats and "name" players rather than the contribution to the team. Nas claims Fer is a level above every single player in the team when I'm guessing most fans would say Hall has been our best player this season. Fer hasn't shown he's the most talented player we have. If he's a good as he's made out, he'd be storming this league, but he hasn't. Same with Sandro.
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I agree with Nasser. That is by far our best team, if all played to their full potential - which was the question asked!
                          This team however does not equal the XI we should be playing on saturday (or any other match day).
                          Last edited by peterlund.dk; 20-01-2016, 09:37 AM.
                          QPR since 1993
                          WATRB since 2015
                          First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

--------------Smithies

Perch----Onouha---Hall---Konchesky

Phillips---Sandro---Fer-----Hoilett

-------Polter-----Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              This. I wouldn't pick Fer to clean my car at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X