FA Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA Cup

Once again most teams put out their reserves for this game. What would you suggest can be done to stop this happening and make the cup more interesting?

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Once again most teams put out their reserves for this game. What would you suggest can be done to stop this happening and make the cup more interesting?
    Exemption for teams like us,no point in competing
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Fine them something like a million quid or exempt them from all cup competitions for a couple of seasons.

Comment

give the fa cup winners the 4th champions league spot
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          That would do the trick. Moderators please look into the IP adress history for Hits. He is talking sense for the first time, since I don´t know when...

#whohashijackedhitsaccount
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

This is foreign influence. Abroad the cups mean much less than the leagues. They can't say it's because there is too much football because when they get a break they go off somewhere........to play more football.

Comment

Blame the powers that be.

They have made staying in the premier league the be all and end all and getting into the top 4 for the Champions league so lucrative.

If you are a club down the bottom of the league that is your total focus, the cups are a hindrance and the same for the teams going for the top 4.

It's the fans that are short changed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                That would do the trick. Moderators please look into the IP adress history for Hits. He is talking sense for the first time, since I don´t know when...

#whohashijackedhitsaccount
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                  Blame the powers that be.

They have made staying in the premier league the be all and end all and getting into the top 4 for the Champions league so lucrative.

If you are a club down the bottom of the league that is your total focus, the cups are a hindrance and the same for the teams going for the top 4.

It's the fans that are short changed.
                  Spot on, I'll be f u c ked if I ever go to a Rangers cup game again. Long gone are the venables days
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Let fans in for a fiver third rd...tenner fourth n so on!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      Good call.

Comment

Fa cup winners get EUFA cup entry? Otherwise make losing clubs pay a percentage of next year's ST's. We'd be quids in.

Comment

It's all about Money and TV just like the rest of football now. Managers get sacked purely on league position and going well in the cups doesn't count for anything so chairmen are to blame slightly.

1) Have all games except 1 played at the same time on a Saturday
                          2) Don't have the draw for the fourth round on "The One Show"
                          3) Reduce entrance fees
                          4) UEFA spot for winners but that competition needs revamping not many clubs want to get in

Comment

Just goes to show that a team which costs hardly anything can beat the reserves of any other club.

Play players in their right position, hungry and that alone will bring points.

I don't think we can stop what's going on unless the rules state you have to play your best team.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              Spot on, I'll be f u c ked if I ever go to a Rangers cup game again. Long gone are the venables days
                              I said this after Carlisle. Got to be gluten for punishment going to Forrest, but fair play those who did. they could give me a ticket for free next year and i still wouldn't go. The price of a ticket has nothing to do with how teams approach the game, so that point is irrelevant.

I dont think it would work given the prize as fourth spot in the champions league. As the cup is a bit of a lottery, you would end up with a lower placed team winning a champions league spot. They would then fail miserably in the champs league the following year. A few years of that and we would lose one of our 4 spots.

Cup works well for div 1 and down and those stronger prem teams who have fringe players/youngsters who need game time. Think we are just stuck a bit in the middle where we don't really have the youngsters who could compete and we aint going to win it, so what sort of team do you play?

Comment

Working...
                              X