Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faurlin

There was a quote once spoken by the great Xavi Hernandez of Barcelona. It read:

I must have at least 100 touches of the ball every match. If I had to go back to the dressing room with only 50 I'd be ready to kill someone
    Today, Faurlin channelled his inner Xavi, putting on the central midfield performance we have waited to see. Warnock has come back and awoken a sleeping genius. When people call him the best midfielder they have ever played with, they do not exaggerate. Just keeping your eye on this player over 90 minutes is quite a unique experience. His position, his passing, his willingness to take the ball, his passion. All of it made me realise that he is a must play this season if we want to play beautiful football. From fifth to first, here are the players with the most touches on the ball this game:

Pickford (GK) - 61; Fer (CAM) - 61; Onuoha (CB) - 64; Gallagher (CM) - 70; Faurlin (CDM) - 95

Alongside this, here are the top 5 attempted passes of the ball today:

Hall (CB) - 46; Onuoha (CB) - 48; Gallagher (CM) - 48; Fer (CAM) - 51; Faurlin (CDM) - 81

Not only does he have the most passes on the pitch, but directionally, given his position, many would expect him to have a high proportion of backwards or sideways passes. Not the case with Ale, who had 62 out of 81 passes go forward (76.5%). That is purely stunning. If you saw some of the passes, they were sublime, even the short ones were pure genius at times, dinking it just slightly over the outstretched leg of a defender. This was a performance made possible because of his incredible positioning. His movement around the pitch, his hard work, all a testament to the quality he brings to our team. Not only was he a great ball player, but he made 4 interceptions, 2 clearances, no fouls, 2 dribbles, 1 tackle. Alongside this, he led the team, being vocal, motioning what he wanted everyone doing and generally dictating the team. If he can remain fit, I see no one but him being the captain of my club.

Simply put, all of this together made this one of the most incredible central midfield performances I have seen in my time at Loftus Road. Some will say its an exaggeration, but it is the absolute truth in my opinion.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

This. But writing this doesn't do the post justice. Bar the last paragraph...... Faurlin was brilliant today.

Comment

Glad he played well, wasn't at the game.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

What are the stats on how many times he was vocal??? You know how many decibels he reached shouting Nas

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          What are the stats on how many times he was vocal??? You know how many decibels he reached shouting Nas

I can say safely that he was louder than the PNE fans for most of the game
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thanks nas, interesting read for those of us who were not at the game.
            Looking forward to seeing the game over on Player when it becomes available.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              Thanks nas, interesting read for those of us who were not at the game.
              Looking forward to seeing the game over on Player when it becomes available.
              I'm gonna be watching for 2 things: How good Faurlin was and how poor the ref was. Was that even 4 minutes at the end? It didn't seem to be, even including the injury. If he learnt how to count time, he would have given at least 6 minutes added plus given 2 extra for that 'injury' in added time.

Comment

Sinton also made a couple of comments about the ref.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Ref was dire only saw one way

How he never carded them for wasting time is unbelievable

Comment

Ref was dire only saw one way

How he never carded them for wasting time is unbelievable
                    Not only that, kept pointing to his watch and then added on 4 minutes only. Then didn't continue it when they had a player down.

Also does he know the rules of a throw in? When Henry threw it at their bloke and then took the ball and ran, he called it back for no reason. That's a legal throw to my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Not only that, kept pointing to his watch and then added on 4 minutes only. Then didn't continue it when they had a player down.

Also does he know the rules of a throw in? When Henry threw it at their bloke and then took the ball and ran, he called it back for no reason. That's a legal throw to my understanding.
                      Took throw wrong place that's why he called it

Comment

He surely is a wonderful player.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Took throw wrong place that's why he called it
                          Didn't seem like that from where I was sitting, but I just assumed it was for the improv. People all around felt the same but I guess I can't be sure until 90 minutes are out.

Comment

Great post!!!
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

Top lad today
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X