Every pro-Ramsey argument demolished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every pro-Ramsey argument demolished

The happy clappy brigade who dismiss criticism of Ramsey as 'knee jerk' have driven me to this post...

“He’s such a nice, honest guy”

Chris Ramsey’s a nice bloke. I get it. He comes over well in interviews, answers questions honestly and appears to genuinely care about the club, unlike Harry Redknapp, whose press conferences revolved around talking about Spurs and what a ‘triffic lad’ Niko Kranjcar was.

Unfortunately, good football managers aren’t usually ‘nice guys’. Think of the greats – Clough, Sir Alex, Wenger. You wouldn’t really describe them as ‘nice’, would you?

Was Neil Warnock a ‘nice guy’? As much as we love him, let’s be honest, not really.

Being an effective manager requires steel and the ability to intimidate. How else would you lead a group of overpaid, overhyped, egotistical prima donnas?

The fact that Chris Ramsey is likeable isn’t an argument for keeping him. If anything, in the ruthless world of football, it’s a significant weakness.

“Give him a chance”

How much more of a chance do you want to give him? He’s been in charge since February and other than a couple of freak victories at Sunderland and West Brom the performances have been absolutely appalling.

We’re now ten games into the new season. Not only have the results been disappointing, but the performances have been getting worse. It’s a sign the players are not being trained properly.

What we’re producing at the moment barely resembles football. There is no recognisable pattern to our play, the players struggle to pass and stay in their positions and the defence is practically non-existent.

Look at his record. He’s been in charge for 26 games now and has lost fourteen, many of which have been thrashings. His win percentage stands at around 25%. Sorry, that’s embarrassing for a professional football manager.

He’s had his chance and he’s blown it.

“We need time to rebuild”

There’s no point giving a manager as clueless as Ramsey any ‘time to rebuild’. If you’re happy watching a team full of talented individual players stuck in lower mid-table and getting battered by Fulham and Brentford, then sure, give him time. Personally, I want to see us compete.

The irritating thing about this argument is that it doesn’t actually take very long to ‘rebuild’. How long did it take Warnock to transform a hapless, disjointed team into an organised, aggressive and creative outfit? Not much time at all.

Similarly, look at Norwich last season. They started with an amateur coach, fell back into mid-table and then acted quickly, appointing a quality, experienced manager. The impact was immediate and they went up via the play-offs.

With proper leadership, QPR would do well this season. The players are there – Austin, Phillips, Fer, Green. All are Premiership quality (when they can be bothered to show up, eh, Matty?). With so much skill and goalscoring ability in the side, losing 4-0 to Fulham and struggling at home against teams like Blackburn is inexcusable.

I’m not expecting us to win the league – but come on, this team should be at least contending for the top six.

“He kept Austin and Phillips”

He's lucky he did, since Austin’s goals have masked just how inept the manager is. Sure, Les and Chris did well to keep Charlie, but look at how bad their other signings have been.

Polter and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas struggle to make the substitutes’ bench. Chery gets worse and worse and appears to have an attitude problem. Tozser looks like the most inept midfielder we’ve had since Steve Morrow.

Angella has hardly had the greatest of starts. Perch is reckless and constantly out of position. Konchesky is 34 and looks it. Gladwin has barely featured. The signings have been dreadful.

“We’re in the top half, just a few points off the play-offs”

The games we’ve won have been against very poor opposition – and mainly down to Austin’s goalscoring rather than good performances. We were lucky to beat Rotherham after conceding two goals late on and then winning a very dubious penalty. The Wolves victory was down to dodgy goalkeeping.

Every performance this season has been terrible, with the exception of maybe Hull away and Rotherham at home (although that display was very patchy). We’re lucky to be as high as we are (12th). If he remains in charge, we could find ourselves in a relegation battle.

Ramsey is an amateur in every respect. He's in his fifties and this is his first managerial position - there is a reason. Unfortunately I don't see him going, since we have the most inept Chairman in football.

Can't argue with any of that.. Good post
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Agreed. He needs to be gone by Monday afternoon.

Comment

Only 1 person (out of 47) on here have voted to keep Ramsey, so wouldn't say there are many pro-Ramsey supporters left. Not surprising really

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          Only 1 person (out of 47) on here have voted to keep Ramsey, so wouldn't say there are many pro-Ramsey supporters left. Not surprising really
          9 now
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            9 now
            Was looking at the "who should replace ramsey" poll which has 2 votes out of 49. The other one has 9 votes out of 87 to give ramsey more time. Both reflections that most aren't pro-Ramsey

Comment

I'm not supporting Ramsey any more as I am now convinced he is not up to the job but most of the OP is nonsense.

1. He is still a "nice honest guy". I'm not sure if that was ever a reason he would be a good manager though.
              2. He could still turn it around. I don't think he will but the truth is he still hasn't had very many matches after his first transfer window, when he could bring in players HE wants.
              3. The OP just assumes he is not up to the job from day 1 and says that is the reason to have never given him time in the first place! Really it is just saying he should never have been appointed. If only we all had a crystal ball.
              4. He DID keep Austin and Phillips! That was GOOD. What argument has been demolished?!
              5. Our league position was never much of a pro-Ramsey argument. Particularly on the first day of the season, which was not very long ago! And for anybody who does want to use it, the fact is we are STILL only ONE WIN off the play-offs. So nothing demolished there!
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Agree with the posts above, we can't wait as long as we did with Hughes, just be suicide if we did
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  Agree with the posts above, we can't wait as long as we did with Hughes, just be suicide if we did
                  Disagree, we should have stuck with Hughes . Redknapp who should have gone earlier, a lot earlier.

Comment

Agreed.....unless you are Stir it up Rodney Marsh!

Comment

"Rodney Marsh becomes internet troll in retirement"

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
                        We’re now ten games into the new season. Not only have the results been disappointing, but the performances have been getting worse. It’s a sign the players are not being trained properly.
                        Think it's also down to the players having lost faith in him and resultantly unmotivated.

Comment

Hard to argue with any of that except we haven't been battered by Brentford..... Yet

Comment

Just imagine this board if Brentford win!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                              Just imagine this board if Brentford win!
                              If I did have a crystal ball I would say he will probably survive to Brentford - and if we lose that the protests will be so loud (sit ins, placards, the lot) that Tony will have no choice but to pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X