Doughty will have to raise his game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doughty will have to raise his game

If he wants to remain in the match day squad once Tozer settles in, I like Doughty and if he takes this challenge on and wins, we will have a player on our hands.

It will be tough, Tozer looks class, Faurlin will never be the player he was but still very good, Doughty and Gobern all fighting for the left sided position.

Sandro, Henry, Diakite, Comley for the DM position.

Very strong mid-field Sandro and Tozer at the base of the midfield is potentially very scary, Henry and Faurlin as back up, Doughty and Gobern as Diakite seems way down the list.

It's a pity we got knocked out the cup as we may have got the chance to see different combinations played in the next round but unless something drastic happens, the players in these positions should always be fresh.
    Last edited by californiahoop; 29-08-2015, 09:24 AM.
    Kept the faith!

We got knocked out of the cup because Ramsey wanted to shuffle the pack and that has deprived his 1st choice of valuable early season playing time before they have gelled into a side of understanding , in my book thats running before you can walk , now he will be faced with 3 more players comimg in that well might create a bit more disruption to ballancing his 1st team squad

Comment

F a u r l i n
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        We got knocked out of the cup because Ramsey wanted to shuffle the pack and that has deprived his 1st choice of valuable early season playing time before they have gelled into a side of understanding , in my book thats running before you can walk , now he will be faced with 3 more players comimg in that well might create a bit more disruption to ballancing his 1st team squad
        Agreed. Good post.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          F a u r l i n
          Thank you.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Doughty is now 4th if not 5th choice if Sandro isn't sold in next couple of days and that's for enough. Faurlin, tozer and Henry all better than him.

Good problem to have. Can't see golbern getting a sniff this term to be honest. I agree that the thought of a Sandro and faurlin or tozer partnership is very good as I believe it will be one of the best in league.

Comment

Good thread Cali

I myself have not seen anything in Doughty which makes me think he adds anything to squad and based on what I have seen this and last season I would look to move him on. Geezer has an engine and gets about pitch but that aside for me he's missing something.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he comes good as it will be nice to have a homegrown player pulling on hoops but if I was betting man I would say he won't be here at start of next season

Comment

I think half the team have to raise them game not just him faulin v Rotherham had a 5 min nightmare giving Rotherham one goal and nearly another away
                R's

Comment

Got more chance of playing than Gobern, who looks an absolute pointless signing to me .

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Good thread Cali

I myself have not seen anything in Doughty which makes me think he adds anything to squad and based on what I have seen this and last season I would look to move him on. Geezer has an engine and gets about pitch but that aside for me he's missing something.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he comes good as it will be nice to have a homegrown player pulling on hoops but if I was betting man I would say he won't be here at start of next season
                    Thanks, that's the point I am trying to make, I think between Tozser, Faurlin, and Sandro, if he is willing to get his head down and fight, he might come out the other side a far better player, as you stated, he has some of the tools required, his problem is, he wasn't played earlier in his career and lost out development wise.

A lot of them need to step up to the plate I agree, another CB and Striker, the fight is on to make the match day squad for quite a few, the problem will be keeping them happy.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

gobern has been very poor since we signed him and not quite sure why we did given our options there. The new guy is a good signing though as he is definitely an improvement on what we have. As for doughty, I'm not a fan but Ramsey clearly is. Decisions like that will define our season. We're in a really odd situation with quality midfielders like Sandro and Fer on our books. Can't wait for window to be over as everyone should be judged equally and we'll see who best team is. If no midfielders leave, gobern and doughty shouldn't be close to squad, so I'd loan them out.

Comment

James serious question on Gobern you say has been poor since signing but what is that opinion based upon?? He's played two games for us!!! Have you watched in person both his outings??

I've seen both his games and in both he's not put a foot wrong and has been applauded off the pitch. No world beater but steady not sure we're resentment towards him has come from

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          James serious question on Gobern you say has been poor since signing but what is that opinion based upon?? He's played two games for us!!! Have you watched in person both his outings??

I've seen both his games and in both he's not put a foot wrong and has been applauded off the pitch. No world beater but steady not sure we're resentment towards him has come from
                          You are so spot on, the kid looks composed in possession, shooting needs to be addressed, lol, but I agree with you. Sometimes it's scary, you feel people follow the crowd, I am not saying this poster has but I haven't heard one other say a good thing about him and that was an article I copied from LFW.
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

I've seen him at twice and I thought he was poor. A lot of people liked Steve Palmer at games and applauded him off

Comment

Serious question west, if people disagree with you, have they automatically not gone to the game?

Comment

Working...
                              X