What I don't get is ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I don't get is ....

Against Yeovil the likes of Onuha, Phillips, luonga, green and a few others featured yet v Carlisle we played a rubbish team - why didn't we play a few of the first team at least in the 1st half, get the job done and take it from there

It feels so doomy and gloomy - it shouldn't after 2 excellent league results - such a shame !!

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Against Yeovil the likes of Onuha, Phillips, luonga, green and a few others featured yet v Carlisle we played a rubbish team - why didn't we play a few of the first team at least in the 1st half, get the job done and take it front there

It feels so doomy and gloomy - it shouldn't after 2 excellent league results - such a shame !!
    Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
      Against Yeovil the likes of Onuha, Phillips, luonga, green and a few others featured yet v Carlisle we played a rubbish team - why didn't we play a few of the first team at least in the 1st half, get the job done and take it from there

Cos like nearly all the rest of the championship, we didnt want to progress. Clubs are just not allowed to say it, Warnock tried to admit it subliminally without getting arrested for it.

Comment

Yeovil was prob for match fitness, now we are a few games in its about letting the fringe players have a go in these types of games

Comment

but 10 changes is too many. Ridiculous.

no reason why Perch, Phillips, Henry & Chery couldn't have started. At least 5 were used to paying with each other a few games !

Comment

And if they got injured or sent off?

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
              Add to that we probably would of won. So many lose lose situations playing first team regulars in a cup nobody would play in if it wasnt compulsory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                Yeovil was prob for match fitness, now we are a few games in its about letting the fringe players have a go in these types of games
                Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  Yep
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

He was desperate for a result at Yeovil, less so against Carlisle. He rested on his laurels and got caught out.

Comment

I blame the manager, he picks the team...oh I forgot he's got no experience of managing a team to draw on !

Comment

To be honest we had a team that should've won and at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                          Exactly had we played an Austin, Chery or Phillips from start and they got injured all those upset about going out would have been upset about playing our top players. And whats happened to the cries of play the kids???? so many obsessed with the youngsters etc well last night you saw why playing the kids is not the answer their not good enough or up to it. Of the kids yesterday Cole is the only one up to it and Hall who has come from a club that coaches its players. Greggo-Cox, Comley, Doughty should not even be close to the first team

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            To be honest we had a team that should've won and at home.
                            I don't think so in all honesty.

Grego-Cox, Kpekwa, Smithies, Goebern, Hall, Polter, Furlong, Doughty, Comley

Mixture of debutants, kids, reserves. That is not a mix that will bring you success, ever. Played against a team of seasoned pro's and got duly beaten.

Bad selection by the manager in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              I don't think so in all honesty.

Grego-Cox, Kpekwa, Smithies, Goebern, Hall, Polter, Furlong, Doughty, Comley

Mixture of debutants, kids, reserves. That is not a mix that will bring you success, ever. Played against a team of seasoned pro's and got duly beaten.

Bad selection by the manager in my book.
                              Not sure its that black and white mate as remember Redcrapp putting out side of season pros on two occasions against MK Dons and Sheff Utd and getting thumped

Comment

Working...
                              X