Dressing room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dressing room

I am worried by CR outburst after the humiliating defeat to a DIV 2 side. I say that I am worried, because I feel that CR may have started to loose the dressing room. There were players playing that they know they are not first preference to Chris. Maybe they feel they are only used just to rest the first team players? Hope I am mistaken. Mistakes were made, even by CR. I did not like his idea of changing TEN players for this cup tie. All teams playing yesterday played important players in their side, why we should be any different? After all we are not Man City or Utd with quality players playing in their second team. This game just showed that most of the players waiting for their opportunity are either not good enough or not accepting to be on the bench only.

I also have this worry... Is it a sign that the players who are not currently in the starting 11, are not wanting to play for Chris.

Comment

All clubs play 2nd string in these sorts of games. Just ours were not good enough, this will be forgotten immediately if win Saturday.

Comment

I see what you mean but look at it this way. Theres no way Polter or JET can expect to start in the lone striker role as long as Austin is here. Gobern surely wont be under the impression that he is anything more than a squad option at best otherwise he wouldnt have had to have a trial to prove his worth. The youngsters have actually been somewhat defended by Ramsey as he's said he cant blame them. The only player CR has probably "lost" after that rant was Hoilett....and who can say they genuinely care?

Comment

Isnt compition for spots good though. For those blokes that may seem far away from the starting 11 wouldnt they try and work extra hard on the training pitch to push their case for first team football.

Comment

We lose a cup game and all of a sudden Ramsey has lost the dressing...........please get a grip for gods sake!

Newflash..........we lose cup games, almost every cup game we've played in the 33 years I've been on the planet in fact. This is not a new phenomenon and it is not something that is likely to change in a hurry. Secondly, we're 6th in the league. Pretty much everyone on this site was in agreement a few weeks back that play-off qualification would be a good finish for us this season. As such, we are bang on track!

The manager has not lost the dressing room, we have a strong squad including 4 or 5 of the best players in the league, we are financially secure and we are playing half decent football in patches. Yes, we need a few more players in but there is a week of the window to go and a loan window after that.

People need to relax a little and enjoy the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Is Dom Is Good View Post
              Isnt compition for spots good though. For those blokes that may seem far away from the starting 11 wouldnt they try and work extra hard on the training pitch to push their case for first team football.
              Yes they should, and last night was there chance to impress....they failed. What i'm saying is i'm not sure CR's rant was specifically directed to the likes of JET/Polter...even though it kinda does apply to them.

Comment

Odd to pick on hoilet who was not the worst last night and to be honest effort was not a problem from hoilet in my view. Isn't hoilet also Nedum's best mate? Right back was especially poor but if you will pick gobern and Doherty in central midfield, what do you expect. Steve Palmer was more dynamic than those 2!

Comment

I dont think much of the rant. Its a cup match so who cares and I doubt he is loosing the dressing room mainly due to the drastic changes he made this summer to the squad so surely everyone who isnt in the 11 has hope of earning a spot

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    We lose a cup game and all of a sudden Ramsey has lost the dressing...........please get a grip for gods sake!

Newflash..........we lose cup games, almost every cup game we've played in the 33 years I've been on the planet in fact. This is not a new phenomenon and it is not something that is likely to change in a hurry. Secondly, we're 6th in the league. Pretty much everyone on this site was in agreement a few weeks back that play-off qualification would be a good finish for us this season. As such, we are bang on track!

The manager has not lost the dressing room, we have a strong squad including 4 or 5 of the best players in the league, we are financially secure and we are playing half decent football in patches. Yes, we need a few more players in but there is a week of the window to go and a loan window after that.

People need to relax a little and enjoy the season!
                    Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Odd to pick on hoilet who was not the worst last night and to be honest effort was not a problem from hoilet in my view. Isn't hoilet also Nedum's best mate? Right back was especially poor but if you will pick gobern and Doherty in central midfield, what do you expect. Steve Palmer was more dynamic than those 2!
                      Used to love watching Palmer. Would get some confidence over a few 5 yard passes then try a 50 yarder that gets nowhere near its target, then repeat for the whole game.

Comment

Working...
                      X