Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's Match - Special Request

Hello everyone,

As I'm sure most of you are aware, we at Worthing United FC lost two of our players tragically last weekend during the Shoreham Airshow disaster. Everyone at the club has been deeply touched by the reaction of the wider football community and how it has rallied around and offered its support and condolences to everyone affected. We feel that this is an incredible tribute to two humble, unassuming, incredibly generous and popular young men who would have never have expected such a response and we thank everyone for their kind words and goodwill.

The football league have asked all league clubs to participate in a minutes silence as a show of respect for those that passed away on Saturday. As a club, we would be eternally grateful if anyone attending these games would be good enough to record footage of this and pass it onto us. We are hoping to collate all of the videos and pictures so we will always have that moment when a nation of football supporters came together to remember two of our own.

Thank you again.

WorthingUtdFC@hotmail.com
    @WorthingUtdFC

Bless those lads. RIP tragic accident.

Comment

Very sad indeed

RIP
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I'm only about three miles away from shoreham myself and the feeling down here is just heartbreaking . Couldn't make the game tonight due to work but I sincerely hope you get the footage you require . It's just so devastating . RIP boys xx

Comment

I echo the sentiments, incredibly sad.

On a lighter note, judging by the atmosphere at Loftus Rd we are observing the minute's silence for the full 90 tonight...

Comment

So sad.

RIP

Comment

Awful travesty. Rip and best wishes to the family's
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Rip

Comment

The minutes silence was impeccably observed
                  Tragic loss
                  From the Hills of Kerry
                  To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

I e-mailed them the media teams details. Pretty sure they will have some form of recording.

Comment

Reply.

Dear everyone at WeAreTheRangersBoys.com,

Thank you so much for posting our letter on your forum. Your kind words mean so much to us at this desperate time and I'm sure Matt and Jacob can't quite believe the response they have received. Messages from football fans like yourselves up and down the country have been incredible and I cant put into words just how much it means to everybody associated with Worthing United FC, and I'm sure all who knew Matt and Jacob. The Impeccably observed minutes silence at Loftus Road shows how tragedies like this really can pull communities together and you and your fans are a credit to your football club. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts.

Warmest regards from everyone at Worthing United.

Comment

Working...
                      X