Just back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back.

We were class today, for long periods. However, the defence is still a concern. 2 more goals conceded, and I'm not gonna lie, when they pulled it back to 3-2 my immediate thought was oh no...not again.
    But by and large, we were great. Luongo and Chery ran the show for me. Phillips was very good. Henry was solid. Konchesky was very good too. I thought Charlie was ok, at times a little lazy but then he scored twice, so can't grumble too much. Hall impressed me, he was great in the air, Onuoha was solid. Perch was the only weak link for me. He was ok but could've done better. Their 2 goals were very avoidable. But very happy with the result. Chery just shades MOTM for me over Luongo.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Austin had part in every goal

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Austin had part in every goal
      I'm not saying he played badly, imo he just didn't look as sharp as usual.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        I'm not saying he played badly, imo he just didn't look as sharp as usual.
        Even when he's being lazy he scores 2. Says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
          Even when he's being lazy he scores 2. Says it all.
          There ya go. Class shines through.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Would of given motm to Luongo as he was so good, but have to give it to chery for his two goals! Two brilliant #poundlandbarrelscrapes

Comment

both full backs were good today and ned won every header

Comment

Just seen the goals on TV Ginja and both the ones we let in were poor. Why green isn't savm g shots like that is beyond me and think it was chery who went to sleep and didn't stay with his man.

Overall though team is settling more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Just seen the goals on TV Ginja and both the ones we let in were poor. Why green isn't savm g shots like that is beyond me and think it was chery who went to sleep and didn't stay with his man.

Overall though team is settling more and more.
                  Both definitely avoidable mate. Green could've done better for the first and nobody picked up Thorpe for the second.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Not entirely sold on this Luongo mania - thought he was fine but nothing special. More impressed with young Doughty when he was on - has a real bite and looks so up for it.

Comment

I would like to see his pass rate when stat man nasser logs on, cos he seems to play lovely balls (no homo) all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Not entirely sold on this Luongo mania - thought he was fine but nothing special. More impressed with young Doughty when he was on - has a real bite and looks so up for it.
                        Watching different players as Mass is in a different league to Doughty. Doughty works hard and gets about the pitch but yet to see anything else in his game other then that where as Mass can carry the ball, pop it off, puts his foot in very decent acquisition

Comment

Watching different players as Mass is in a different league to Doughty. Doughty works hard and gets about the pitch but yet to see anything else in his game other then that where as Mass can carry the ball, pop it off, puts his foot in very decent acquisition
                          By no means writing him off and as you say does seem to have the attributes to develop into an excellent player. Just don't really recall many telling contributions. Also with Ale now fairly static we need Luongo to get about the pitch more imho. So yes potential there but at the moment he is a long way off being able to boss a midfield. Personally when/ if Fer and Sandro come back think he should be competing with Ale for the final midfield spot.

Comment

Green - usual kicking errors but made a couple of good saves
                            Perch - still not confident, made several errors but also some timely blocks
                            Chief - Solid and assured
                            Hall - had a couple of clumsy moments but I'm warming to this lad
                            Koncheski - I thought he had a good game today, not the dynamic wing back we all want but decent enough (today)
                            Henry - Again started a little slow but got better as the game went on
                            Faulin - Hot and cold, when hot he broke up a lot of play and passed well, when cold he caused us a lot of problems. Note to fans, don't start chanting his name he really 'F up'
                            Phillips - Took a while to get going, some great moves and passes but wasn't at his best today
                            Luongo - Did OK, wasn't that impressed with him today, lots of promise and will shine in many games
                            Chery - i really love this guy, looks hungry and has goals in him. Will imo be our best player this season
                            Austin - What can you say about this guy? Scored two made one but I felt he wasn't really with it today. Only my opinion and I love this guy to bits. Seemed a yard short most of the game, I just hope teams looking to buy him felt the same as me. We really need to keep this guy and he will score 25 plus this year.
                            Doughty - I thought he looked good today, up for a battle and prepared to mix it
                            Polter - Erm.....not sure about this fella, could be a good front man but there is just something missing, hope he gets his game together because we might be relying on him
                            Kpekawa - Not on the pitch long enough, sure he will get his chance
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

He's magic you knoooowwwww ....

Comment

Working...
                              X