Who do we keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do we keep?

As we're almost officially relegated, who do we try to keep next season? I honestly couldn't care less. I just hope we get a good deal for Charlie Austin because it's about time we made some decent money. I think it'd be a good idea if we get the likes of Sandro, Fer and Caulker off the wage bill although I'm not sure many Premier League clubs will be that interested in them. Caulker and Fer have now been relegated twice, so that's surely off-putting, and Sandro is prone to injury.

I feel like it's an of an era for us. The likes of Zamora and Barton are finished and then you've got all the dead wood like SWP, Rio and Dunne who will be out of contract in the summer. Next season will be interesting and I'm sure a whole lot different. It's about to time the club was rebuilt. There are no foundations in place despite what Tony Fernandes thinks

I would keep Fer, Dunne and Barton to steady the team -- they're more than good enough for the Championship. Agree we don't have foundations for success in place. Need a coach that's blood and guts to lead the team that plays the same way.

Comment

More like who can we realistically keep?

I think we can keep on to, Phillips, Caulker, Barton, Dunne, Green, Sandro

I think we'll lose, Vargas, Isla, Fer, Austin.

Comment

Thought Fer was a multi-year purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          More like who can we realistically keep?

I think we can keep on to, Phillips, Caulker, Barton, Dunne, Green, Sandro

I think we'll lose, Vargas, Isla, Fer, Austin.

Vargas and Isla are only on loan - I can't see them wanting to stay on and play in the Championship. They'll probably go back to Italy or end up in Spain

Comment

Us I hope. I think we've been great this season, especially away, and considering all the last few minutes kicks in the goolies we've had. Not to mention cringeworthy performances like Spurs, w ham and man utd. I can't remember the last Monday morning there wasn't some peas taking coming my way. If bag puss and his cronies had put the effort in we have then we may well be the 5 or 6 crucial points better off.

Comment

keep-Mccarthy,yun,dunne,ned,Phillips,Henry,maybe Barton but would have to be on a vastly reduced wage.
              Reluctantly sell-Charlie,fer & green.
              Try to flog toilett & Sandro to some muggy club that will take them.
              Throw in a few of the younger players & some new signings of the right sort will do for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sirles9 View Post
                Vargas and Isla are only on loan - I can't see them wanting to stay on and play in the Championship. They'll probably go back to Italy or end up in Spain
                Yea that's my point mate.

Comment

We need to keep Fer -- he'd be an all league star in Championship. Wedded with Phillips we have the beginnings of an offense with pace.

Comment

Hope to keep Fer and Phillips, Austin will probably leave

Comment

McCarthy
                      Yun
                      dunne
                      Hill
                      Phillips
                      Henry
                      Diakite
                      Nedum

Clearly would love to keep fer and Austin but can't see them staying. Would also like caulker but again think he'll leave. Undecided on Barton mainly due to what his wage demands might be. Would get rid of the rest. Am clearly ignoring the youngsters like furlong who will stay

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        McCarthy
                        Yun
                        dunne
                        Hill
                        Phillips
                        Henry
                        Diakite
                        Nedum

Clearly would love to keep fer and Austin but can't see them staying. Would also like caulker but again think he'll leave. Undecided on Barton mainly due to what his wage demands might be. Would get rid of the rest. Am clearly ignoring the youngsters like furlong who will stay
                        Diakite?........interesting..

Comment

Get rid of all the players with age of 30 and above and do not sign anyone of this category anymore in future If we really want to be a developing club. In some cases maybe have only one of this ager If there is something special in the player but only sign one year contract with stiff conditions in favour of protecting the club such as release the player for free in case of any long term injury.
                          Last edited by Yousef; 03-05-2015, 06:56 AM.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                            Get rid of all the players with age of 30 and above and do not sign anyone of this category anymore in future If we really want to be a developing club. In some cases maybe have only one of this ager If there is something special in the player but only sign one year contract with stiff conditions in favour of protecting the club such as release the player for free in case of any long term injury.
                            disagree, Yousef. experienced players are essential to balance the team and there are loads of examples of 30 plussers who have contributed positively - Clint for example.

Comment

Working...
                            X