Burnley vs Leicester this sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnley vs Leicester this sat

What would be the best result for us - a draw or Leicester to pull clear With us winning too?

A draw I would say. Or if anyone to win then burnley

Comment

I think a draw would be a good result, if burnley win it would be a disaster, I was looking at all the fixtures and one caught my eye. Scum v sunderland on the last game off the season. The scum won't have nothing to play for plus sunderland done them last season. It's still hard to call but if we lose on Saturday then that's us done IMO
      You Rsssssss

Comment

0-0 Draw all day long. Need to halt Leicester's resurgence, and maintain Burnley's slump in front of goal. They've struggled for goals and in particular so has Ings which can only be a good thing the longer it goes on as confidence in their main man is low when they need him firing.

Obviously we need to win to maximise that result if it comes off.

Ultimately I wouldn't be surprised if two of the current bottom 3 survive and Hull and Sunderland drop. Hopefully we'd be one of the 2 to survive if so.

Comment

If the assumption is that Leicester are going to survive anyway given their form and run in then surely them beating Burnley would be the preferable outcome

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            If the assumption is that Leicester are going to survive anyway given their form and run in then surely them beating Burnley would be the preferable outcome
            I agree. I think we need Leicester to beat Burnley, Sunderland and drop points to us last game of the year. Only chance we got is Sunderland, Hull and Burnley going down.

Comment

We win all five remaining we stay up...simples....that's the mentality we need...Sunderland did citeh n Chelsea away late last season with the same philosophy.... I truely believe we are better than they was!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working on the basis that we want a game against Leciester on where they have nothing to play for, then I'd take an away win this weekend. We have to hope that Sunderland and Hull (with their run of tough fixtures) implode as well mind.

Comment

I think it would be best if Burnley won because Leicester are on a roll right now. Even things up a bit.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I think we need 8 points from the next 4 games to have a scooby. I think we'll get 6/7 at best. If Leicester are safe or already down by the time we play them (highly, highly, unlikely) then we could pick up a point or 3 there: we'll lose otherwise. Don't forget given that many teams are 'on the beach' putting in less than 100%, there will be 'surprise' wins for our relegation rivals. Upshot is result of Burnley - Leicester game surely won't affect our fate. It must be too late for us now, not mathematically, but realistically. We will need at least 35 points to stay up on goal difference, more likely 36.
                    Last edited by bushkangaroo; 20-04-2015, 09:00 AM. Reason: error

Comment

7 points has a chance. 9 points would probably do it. At this stage of the season anything can happen. Personally I can't see why anyone would want a leceister win on Saturday as they are two points above us!!

I also think that we have more chance of getting the result we need at leceister with them in the battle for the drop with us.

For me id take going into the last game of the season that if we win we stay up but lose were down.

What a game that would be

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                        A draw I would say. Or if anyone to win then burnley
                        Agree Burnley win, if we win? want to keep Leicester in the mix as lond as possible although i think they will get out of it

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          spot on West, also don't assume we are guaranteed to beat the Hammers and the Toon. Just our luck they both decide to turn up
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Burnley win, we don't just need to be above 1 team we need to be above 3 so try and keep them all on similar points if we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                              We win all five remaining we stay up...simples....that's the mentality we need...Sunderland did citeh n Chelsea away late last season with the same philosophy.... I truely believe we are better than they was!
                              Spot on

Comment

Working...
                              X