We can still do this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can still do this....

Here are the remaining fixtures for the 5 sides in the relegation picture (I would say Sunderland with their easy run-in are safe now.) Now I know football doesn't work like this, but these are the probable results for these fixtures:

QPR: Chelsea (H), WHU (H), Liverpool (A), Man City (A), Newcastle (H), Leicester (H) - LWLLWD = 33 Points

Aston Villa: Spurs (A), Man City (A), Everton (H), West Ham (H), Southampton (A), Burnley (H) - LLDWLW = 36 Points

Hull: Southampton (A), Liverpool (H), Crystal Palace (A), Arsenal (H), Burnley (H), Spurs (A), Man United (H) - LLDLWLL = 32 Points

Burnley: Arsenal (H), Everton (A), Leicester (H), WHU (A), Hull (A), Stoke (H), Aston Villa (A) - LLDDLLL = 28 Points

Leicester: West Brom (A), Swansea (H), Burnley (A), Chelsea (H), Newcastle (H), Southampton (H), Sunderland (A), QPR (H) - DWDLWDLD = 32 Points

I'm probably a little high on Leicester, having them only losing 2 of their last 8, but that still wouldn;t be good enough to keep them up. Hull have the epitome of a relegation run-in, and Burnley simply don't score enough goals, and also have a tricky run in.

Hull are bang in trouble IMO. Also Newcastle would be if there was 2 more extra games.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Deal.... Where do I sign ha

Comment

It will be until the last day of the season. Surprises will be in every week from now on. Any win by any of the bottom sides will turn things quickly.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I think there is hope buddy but think your being bit tough on burnley they will pick up more then two points between now and end of season and reckon they have one or two wins in them

For me we need finish above burnley and hull we do that and we stay up

Villa never really impressed me either so they could still hid skids especially dependent how FA Cup goes

Comment

I hope to christ Villa go down. Even if we go down too. I just want to see the disappointment etched in Tim Sherwood's face, the absolute mug.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              I hope to christ Villa go down. Even if we go down too. I just want to see the disappointment etched in Tim Sherwood's face, the absolute mug.
              This, big time.

Comment

Not sure why you would say Sunderland are safe..... Forget their result against Newcastle, it was a derby so form becomes irrelevant, add to that Newcastle have been abysmal recently and they have now lost 5 derbies in a row. That game aside Sunderland have been shocking and dont forget also lost at home to us and got spanked 0-4 by Villa at home too. I dont think any game is "easy" for them so they are certainly still in the mix.

Comment

Be handy if other teams drew their "six pointers" with teams around them. Good thing standards have dropped over past several years and 40 points is no longer the benchmark otherwise half the league would be bricking it!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Not sure why you would say Sunderland are safe..... Forget their result against Newcastle, it was a derby so form becomes irrelevant, add to that Newcastle have been abysmal recently and they have now lost 5 derbies in a row. That game aside Sunderland have been shocking and dont forget also lost at home to us and got spanked 0-4 by Villa at home too. I dont think any game is "easy" for them so they are certainly still in the mix.
                    Point taken. No team from 15th down is truly safe, but Sunderland have home games against Crystal Palace and Leicester, which I (and most others) would expect them to win. If they do, they'll stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      Be handy if other teams drew their "six pointers" with teams around them. Good thing standards have dropped over past several years and 40 points is no longer the benchmark otherwise half the league would be bricking it!
                      There's a game between Hull and Burnley about 3 games from the end. If that somehow ends in a draw, we'll be laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        Point taken. No team from 15th down is truly safe, but Sunderland have home games against Crystal Palace and Leicester, which I (and most others) would expect them to win. If they do, they'll stay up.
                        Not sure where you get "most others" expect them to beat Palace at home, or Leicester for that matter..... Palace are flying, are safe and have just beaten City. They will go to sunderland full of confidence and i think at worst get a draw. As for Leicester, they seem to create a lot of chances and not always get the rub of the green, similar to us. But against sunderland, i think they could also at least get a point.

Dont forget, sunderland will have all the pressure on them for sthose games because they are seen as their potential bankers for points. They have been playing with fear though and that wont change i dont think.

Comment

Looking at the fixtures, i would say we need to aim for Villa and Hull. They haven't got great fixtures, especially Hull...

Comment

Mad we know what they do us out of our hands. We have to win our three home games by any means necessary. And probably win away at Leicester. Anything from City and Liverpool will genuinely be a bonus.

Comment

Us, Hull and Leicester down IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X