Attacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacking

People are looking at the defensive issues just before and after the match, but how about that for attacking efficiency. 12 shots, 2 off target, 3 blocked and 7 on target, 4 goals. Pretty brilliant when you look at the fact that West Brom had 21 shots with only 6 on target and Brown Ideye alone had 9 shots and 3 on target without scoring. I'd say being this efficient, if we can get more chances at home we could be in for a very interesting end to the season.
    Also, just wanted to point out that Austin got another 2 assists alongside that goal yesterday, giving 5 assists this season. Alongside that, Matt Phillips got another assist (Thats 5 assists and a goal since being reinstated into the side by Ramsey) and just seems to be so in form and a real key element to this side. Everything is looking up offensively at the moment, even with Vargas' potential injury and hopefully the return of Fer will boost the team into safety.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

I hope we keep playing at that rate in the remaining games.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      People are looking at the defensive issues just before and after the match, but how about that for attacking efficiency. 12 shots, 2 off target, 3 blocked and 7 on target, 4 goals. Pretty brilliant when you look at the fact that West Brom had 21 shots with only 6 on target and Brown Ideye alone had 9 shots and 3 on target without scoring. I'd say being this efficient, if we can get more chances at home we could be in for a very interesting end to the season.
      Also, just wanted to point out that Austin got another 2 assists alongside that goal yesterday, giving 5 assists this season. Alongside that, Matt Phillips got another assist (Thats 5 assists and a goal since being reinstated into the side by Ramsey) and just seems to be so in form and a real key element to this side. Everything is looking up offensively at the moment, even with Vargas' potential injury and hopefully the return of Fer will boost the team into safety.
      We put our chances away yesterday, looked dangerous.. We looked better on the ball. Sandro and Barton had good games, keep them fit and suspension free we are giving ourselves a chance.. Phillips was good, his pace is a major threat. Shame for Vargas, hopefully isn't that bad. Still not happy with Kranjcar playing, too slow, no stamina, no cover.Our fullbacks were poor, again. They need to sort it out.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

We actually looked like we had a change of pace in our game yesterday which has been lacking so far this season

We broke and countered brilliantly on a number of occasions

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
          We put our chances away yesterday, looked dangerous.. We looked better on the ball. Sandro and Barton had good games, keep them fit and suspension free we are giving ourselves a chance.. Phillips was good, his pace is a major threat. Shame for Vargas, hopefully isn't that bad. Still not happy with Kranjcar playing, too slow, no stamina, no cover.Our fullbacks were poor, again. They need to sort it out.
          I thought our full backs were more than fine yesterday, the goal they scored came off the fact that Isla stood off but when you have a player as agile as Berahino on the ball, closing the space for a cross is the job, not attacking the player as he can move past you really quickly.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            We actually looked like we had a change of pace in our game yesterday which has been lacking so far this season

We broke and countered brilliantly on a number of occasions
            The fact that only Cazorla has assisted as much as Phillips in 2015, especially given that Phillips missed 1 month of it, suggests how important his pace has been. We have played really good football with Ramsey and it was only a matter of time before a result came.

Comment

I thought our full backs were more than fine yesterday, the goal they scored came off the fact that Isla stood off but when you have a player as agile as Berahino on the ball, closing the space for a cross is the job, not attacking the player as he can move past you really quickly.
              Not just talking about the goal, most chances they created come from wide positions. A better team would punish us.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Not just talking about the goal, most chances they created come from wide positions. A better team would punish us.
                Most chances most teams create are from wide positions. Its natural. Full Backs will always be on the back foot. When you have kranjcar covering on the left, they can very easily double team on Yun. When Phillips is attacking, Isla is left on his own. I wouldn't say they are not great full backs at all. In fact they played rather well yesterday. When you have players like Sandro and Barton shielding the centre backs, it is going to be difficult for any team to attack through the middle. Teams will naturally attack from the side.

Comment

Most chances most teams create are from wide positions. Its natural. Full Backs will always be on the back foot. When you have kranjcar covering on the left, they can very easily double team on Yun. When Phillips is attacking, Isla is left on his own. I wouldn't say they are not great full backs at all. In fact they played rather well yesterday. When you have players like Sandro and Barton shielding the centre backs, it is going to be difficult for any team to attack through the middle. Teams will naturally attack from the side.
                  Ok then.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I do still feel that our fullbacks are drifting to easy into the centre.
                    Last edited by Shania; 05-04-2015, 11:59 AM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      I do still feel that our fullbacks are drifting to easy into the centre.
                      TBF that is down to covering caulker on corners etc

Comment

Agreed. Good finishing yesterday but we were up against it for a lot of the 2nd half, similarly to the Sunderland game. A better side than WBA could've easily got 3 goals back. Our defence is still all over the place..

Comment

Working...
                        X