Homegrown players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homegrown players

The F.A. are changing the rules to make it harder for foreign players to get work permits and encouraging English clubs to use homegrown players. Thing is when you look at the chart below and see the 3 bottom clubs are the ones with the most homegrown players it makes you wonder whether the F.A are making the correct decision. Thoughts?

why wouldn't they be? Ok standards may drop slightly but I can guarantee that we will have a better national team for it!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      why wouldn't they be? Ok standards may drop slightly but I can guarantee that we will have a better national team for it!
      Who cares about the national team really though? Club comes first for me and i dont even watch England games on the TV anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        Who cares about the national team really though? Club comes first for me and i dont even watch England games on the TV anymore.
        Yes but surely those feelings happen because of the pathetic state the national team has been over the years?

Things are looking up, with good young english players coming through.

Don't forget your roots, nothing wrong or to be ashamed about being a proud englishman

Comment

There is an article from a website I use in my work which talks about this:

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/bl...glish-Football
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The rule itself doesn't change anything but the fact that non-eu players won't be able to come in as easily. But they aren't the problem really.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Home grown players rule is a load of tosh as it stands at the moment anyway. I am sure I read something on it yesterday that said Asmir Begovic and Cesc Fabregas are currently classed as homegrown?! So how does that help our national side?
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                There is an article from a website I use in my work which talks about this:

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/bl...glish-Football
                How are the player ratings based ?

As I see Caulker is 7.23 !!??
                We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  oh...and nice to see you back vblock!

Comment

Think the FA will need to do more stopping the amount of Foreigners in the EPL to improve the National Side. Grassroots coaching is the first thing that needs to be sorted.. You only have to go down Lillie Rec on a Sunday to know what's wrong with football in this country.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Interesting that it's the teams with the most homegrown players that are struggling in the league. Maybe the youth coaching in this country is just kack.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                        How are the player ratings based ?

As I see Caulker is 7.23 !!??
                        He has a surprisingly high tackle success rate and almost never gets booked. I think that is it. They do need to change some of the ways players get rated I do feel though.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Cheers Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                            don't worry Johnny he is certainly making up for it!

Comment

It's just going to lower the standard of football played over here.

The FA just don't get it. They're an old boys club and will still appoint ex-England players who want to play 20th century football/, think Pearce coaching the u21s.

Comment

Working...
                              X