Lukaku and Kone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
    I have to say again - Where on earth is Hoilett? He is nowhere near Coleman. To let the guy charge forward untracked is criminal and surely the blame starts with that?
    Not defending Hoilett but its almost a chain reaction from Caulkers headless run...

Yun tucks in to cover Caulker and Hoilett tucks in on Lennon, leaving a man spare which is Coleman

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Watch the build up to the goal mate and not a still shot 5 seconds before the goal. He had only just got back into the box but the reason Yun was so out of position is because he was having to cover for caulker when everton counter attacked. Caulker should have taken Lukaku off Yun or told Ned to take him and told Yun to get over and cover Coleman. Caulker had the best view of the situation as he could see it from running back to goal. Yun was too focused on covering Lukaku (probably wrongly) to see where coleman was.
      I agree with you there too. Yun spends a lot time covering for CB's in the middle in nearly all his matches where one of them goes forward, and runs out quick to block wingers, but unfortunately they have had time to get crosses in which have led to goals recently. This should be looked at as a coaching issue.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Nasser,dont exclude Sandro from blame for the goal as he gave the ball away in the 1st place.
        Oh I never did, but I'm saying that once the goalscoring opportunity got anywhere near the goal, caulker was back and doing his job of blocking the shot, which was the biggest danger. The ball to lukaku would have required a ridiculous level of quality that isn't attainable by everton's standards. As such, the only option was coleman, who both Hoilett and Yun left alone.

As for WLIR, I actually do play regularly for a side, I'm no centre back and I'm fairly certain you aren't one but through the magic of the keyboard, you will choose to become one for this point only. No one other than you and Hove have blamed caulker for this goal. That doesn't make me blind. Caulker is doing his job of getting in the way of the shot. If he didn't, they would have taken a shot on goal and potentially scored. If they scored, you lot would have immediately blamed him and I probably would have as well. The fact that caulker got back and stopped the immediate danger is no excuse for Yun marking the player in a very unlikely position to reach the ball, or hoilett being no where near his man either.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Oh I never did, but I'm saying that once the goalscoring opportunity got anywhere near the goal, caulker was back and doing his job of blocking the shot, which was the biggest danger. The ball to lukaku would have required a ridiculous level of quality that isn't attainable by everton's standards. As such, the only option was coleman, who both Hoilett and Yun left alone.

As for WLIR, I actually do play regularly for a side, I'm no centre back and I'm fairly certain you aren't one but through the magic of the keyboard, you will choose to become one for this point only. No one other than you and Hove have blamed caulker for this goal. That doesn't make me blind. Caulker is doing his job of getting in the way of the shot. If he didn't, they would have taken a shot on goal and potentially scored. If they scored, you lot would have immediately blamed him and I probably would have as well. The fact that caulker got back and stopped the immediate danger is no excuse for Yun marking the player in a very unlikely position to reach the ball, or hoilett being no where near his man either.
          Just to clarify, should Yun have left Lukaku alone in the middle of the box to go and mark coleman who was in the corner of the box? and also in your opinion did Caulker being
          in evertons half when they the counter attacked not contribute to the fact Yun was covering in the middle of the box instead of defending his area of the pitch?

Comment

That picture's cracking.... should be plastered all over the dressing room. Sometimes I get a headache totting up all our deficiencies and short comings but I reckon that top of the list is an apparent lack of fitness/energy to get up and down the pitch as a unit or break/retreat with any pace. Watching our lot lumbering about has actually started to crack me up; I've gone through angst, bewilderment, shock and anger so I've nowt left other than smirking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              Just to clarify, should Yun have left Lukaku alone in the middle of the box to go and mark coleman who was in the corner of the box? and also in your opinion did Caulker being
              in evertons half when they the counter attacked not contribute to the fact Yun was covering in the middle of the box instead of defending his area of the pitch?
              I'm not saying that, I'm saying that yun should see that the danger is more prominent on right hand side. Look at caulker's position relative to the ball and lukaku. There is no way that ball is getting to lukaku. Plain and simple, caulker is blocking that pass and the potential shot. Yun then should have been already out covering his position. If he was doing that and by some miracle the ball reaches Lukaku, Caulker would deservingly get the blame. But there was a 1% chance of that happening and a much larger chance of the ball being played wide.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                I'm not saying that, I'm saying that yun should see that the danger is more prominent on right hand side. Look at caulker's position relative to the ball and lukaku. There is no way that ball is getting to lukaku. Plain and simple, caulker is blocking that pass and the potential shot. Yun then should have been already out covering his position. If he was doing that and by some miracle the ball reaches Lukaku, Caulker would deservingly get the blame. But there was a 1% chance of that happening and a much larger chance of the ball being played wide.
                I completely disagree. You do not leave a striker alone in the middle of the box because a player is closing down the ball. Also not sure how Yun is supposed to know that any potential shot or pass to lukaku is covered (even though i disagree with that), in the heat of the moment he is marking their centre forward in the middle of the box and if the danger was outside someone should have taken lukaku off him and sent him over to coleman.

Also not sure where you get your percentages from but I reckon there was more than a 1% chance of a ball being played to Lukaku if Yun wasnt marking him.

Comment

Tbf Nasser after looking again at the goal Hoilett should have been covering coleman as he was just jogging back into the box when he should have been aware of Coleman but I still stand by that Yun was covering Caulker and that is why he was stuck in the centre of the box.

Comment

A centre half should only go up for set pieces,caulker put the defence under pressure by bursting forward. cant blame Yun even though he's been poor last few games,he was covering caulker.I played a good level at centre half Nasser,defenders defend simple
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

A centre half should only go up for set pieces,caulker put the defence under pressure by bursting forward. cant blame Yun even though he's been poor last few games,he was covering caulker.I played a good level at centre half Nasser,defenders defend simple
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Yun had to cover stand by Lukaku, you can't leave their best striker unmarked in the box.

Caulker doesn't have a brain and it has cost us a LOT of points this season. For me he is looking like the difference between survival & relegation.

Comment

Working...
                        X