technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• technology

I know it has been discussed before but after yesterdays poor refereeing decisions regarding the penalty claims I think its time for a fourth official in the stand , it will only take seconds to get the correct information and everyones a winner.

its coming..there is a push happening from within the game.

almost every other sport has it now

its only a matter of time

Comment

they should introduce subs for refs too, that clown yesterday should have been hauled off in the first half
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

But what decisions do you use it for ? Goals, penalties, bookings, sending off, free kicks, corners, throw-ins ? Who would decide when to stop a game and review and of these incidents ?

Comment

Have to say I am absolutely fed up travelling up from the island to having the game ruined by poor decisions. If we get done by our own inability then I can take that, got use to it but I am fed up coming away feeling let down by poor officials. So if technology will help them bring it in even if it adds 10 mins to a game at least when we went home we would know it was us and not the officials to blame ! Couldn't see Isla's challenge but Austins shot was going in had it not been handled and who knows what would have happened then !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Have to say I am absolutely fed up travelling up from the island to having the game ruined by poor decisions. If we get done by our own inability then I can take that, got use to it but I am fed up coming away feeling let down by poor officials. So if technology will help them bring it in even if it adds 10 mins to a game at least when we went home we would know it was us and not the officials to blame ! Couldn't see Isla's challenge but Austins shot was going in had it not been handled and who knows what would have happened then !
            the ref at Old Trafford had a superb game, imo
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Isla had absolutely no reason to go down if he wasnt fouled, as he would have had a simple task of shooting into an empty goal from close range.
              Checking the instant replay from would have taken the 4th official a matter of seconds. Also the game could even continue and be stopped and called back if the ofofficiaawards the penalty free kick etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                the ref at Old Trafford had a superb game, imo
                Maybe but the one at Loftus Road on Saturday was #### !

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
                  I know it has been discussed before but after yesterdays poor refereeing decisions regarding the penalty claims I think its time for a fourth official in the stand , it will only take seconds to get the correct information and everyones a winner.
                  I've long been in favour of this shanns, but it must be implemented in a way that does not interrupt the flow of the game. Reviewing a pen that has been given by the ref is a no-brainer. Reviewing one that hasn't been given is a bit more contentious.

Goal-line technology has been fantastic and has totally eliminated what was an impossible situation for the linesman - should he be in line with the goal to see if the ball has crossed the line or should he be in line with the last defender to watch for offside? - he was required to be in both places at the same time!
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    Isla had absolutely no reason to go down if he wasnt fouled, as he would have had a simple task of shooting into an empty goal from close range.
                    Checking the instant replay from would have taken the 4th official a matter of seconds. Also the game could even continue and be stopped and called back if the ofofficiaawards the penalty free kick etc.
                    A bit tricky. What if they go down the pitch and score while it is being reviewed? It could happen. I think the game needs to be stopped immediately if there is to be a review.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                      A bit tricky. What if they go down the pitch and score while it is being reviewed? It could happen. I think the game needs to be stopped immediately if there is to be a review.
                      The NHL continues while the goal claim is reviewed; & if proven that it was a goal, then the clock is reset back to that time - Can't see that working in football; but penalty claims when all 3 officials cannot decide 100% either way, should be reviewed.
                      The fact that every game is now televised, means no extra equipment is needed.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                      X