Sandro and Onuoha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandro and Onuoha

I actually thought these two were very good today and have shown a lot of class. Onuoha should be played centrally but he was solid at right back all game and didn't give Chadli any space on that side to do damage. Sandro was excellent in the middle and played a very solid game. I hope to see more of these performances from them. Also that goal, spectacularly well taken for someone known for his power over his finesse.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Agree thought way he passed it into the net showed real composure

Comment

If Sandro wasnt so injury prone he could be 1 of our best players imho. Reckon he 'could' own that midfield!!... but he is injury prone..... and thats why he's here!!
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        If Sandro wasnt so injury prone he could be 1 of our best players imho. Reckon he 'could' own that midfield!!... but he is injury prone..... and thats why he's here!!
        Well as long as he is still playing he is fine by me. He probably is alongside Green, Austin and Fer the only players who could get a place in a top half team with the way they are playing. Obviously, the injuries have hindered him but I'm still backing him to be big for us this season. His solidity will be huge to our survival IMO.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Well as long as he is still playing he is fine by me. He probably is alongside Green, Austin and Fer the only players who could get a place in a top half team with the way they are playing. Obviously, the injuries have hindered him but I'm still backing him to be big for us this season. His solidity will be huge to our survival IMO.
          Yep make you right nasser, cant argue any of that tbh!!
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Sandro when fit is head and shoulders above anyone else we have in midfield.

Comment

CB's have not been good enough sell season and having no right back.

Comment

Thought Sandro looked knackered after 60 minutes. Still not fit imo but Ramsey didnt have much choice but to keep him on.

Comment

Agree Nasser thought they were both very good especially as Sandro is not back to full fitness. I must say that the bravery of the Chief was unbelievable. On a couple of occasions he put his head in where I thought he was going to get smacked. With his terrible gash on Wednesday I thought it was really brave of him and shows his commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by East London R View Post
                    Agree Nasser thought they were both very good especially as Sandro is not back to full fitness. I must say that the bravery of the Chief was unbelievable. On a couple of occasions he put his head in where I thought he was going to get smacked. With his terrible gash on Wednesday I thought it was really brave of him and shows his commitment.
                    He has no limits on what he will do. You can tell Chief really cares for the club. Kinda wouldn't mind his as captain next season.

Comment

With belief in him and gaining his confidence he could be key for us next year in the Championship and i would not have a problem if he was our Captain.

Comment

Would have preferred to see Onuoha play CB with Isla at fullback tbh.

And if Sandro & Fer had stayed injury free all season I reckon we'd be a good 8-10 points better off. Add Faurlin to that and we'd be a pretty solid side, such a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                          Would have preferred to see Onuoha play CB with Isla at fullback tbh.

And if Sandro & Fer had stayed injury free all season I reckon we'd be a good 8-10 points better off. Add Faurlin to that and we'd be a pretty solid side, such a shame.
                          injuries have been an issue but its a squad game.

had we been able to play until the final whistle we would be way better off too.

liverpool 1 point dropped
                          hull 1 point dropped
                          swansea 2 points dropped
                          Southampton 1 point dropped

5 points given away after the 90 min mark!

Comment

Yep Sandro does a great job of shutting the m/field but surely Hendry deserves a shout as well , could be just me but I thought they both made a solid pairing

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Yep Sandro does a great job of shutting the m/field but surely Hendry deserves a shout as well , could be just me but I thought they both made a solid pairing
                              I thought henry was actually a bit disappointing yesterday but won't take away from his season. One thing I will say is that we can play with Sandro as our only defensive midfielder, but we can't do that with henry if we ever want to go attacking from the start.

Comment

Working...
                              X