Austin Has improved all round game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Has improved all round game

I think there has been a noticeable improvement in his play outside the box, holding up the ball and carrying it since Harry has left and Les and Ramsey have been coaching him

Anyone else picked up on this at both the Hull and Arsenal games

100% mate. I posted something similar in the MOTM thread. First few games this season he looked out of his depth, then he began scoring , and now he has progressed to another level and seems to be able to hold the ball up and link up play really well also. Great to see. The lad really does put a shift in, at 2-0 down the other day he was the only one running his nuts off tracking back and making tackles.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Said this a couple of days ago, it was very noticeable with his dribbling in particular, especially against Arsenal. He held up play and ran with the ball so well, some still claim he isn't a prem player...
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

"Said Les" = Guaranteed

Comment

Apparently Les has been working with him on one to one basis great person to learn your trade off

Comment

There has to be some truth in this, I've noticed it too. He's all round play was magnificent against Arsenal, give him half a chance and it's in.

Comment

You could tell from the Dubai videos that CR was working a lot with Charlie on improving his all round game.

Comment

Les is the best thing to happen to this club for years. Look at what he has done in the past at spurs with Kane and Adebayor. Renewed confidence, skill outside the box. Kane is a huge example, he is so complete without being a true athlete, in the same vein as charlie.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  You could tell from the Dubai videos that CR was working a lot with Charlie on improving his all round game.
                  Im sure hes helping but he cant teach him the stuff hes learnt lately and the way his game has changed imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Im sure hes helping but he cant teach him the stuff hes learnt lately and the way his game has changed imho.
                    I mean between CR and Les there's been a marked improvement in his overall game. Dubai trip was clearly invaluable.

Comment

You can see in videos Les working with Charlie. He's strong like Les so needs to know how to use his body and best shield the ball and manoeuvre defenders either where he wants them or so they concede fouls. Not to mention creating a little space for him to get snap shots off. Very noticeable and Charlie is getting better and better. Also don't forget Les was here before Harry left, and I'm sure he would've spent time with Charlie before then too.

Comment

Some say he likes to score with his feet, some say he like to score with his head... All we know is called Charlie Austin.

Comment

All round game still getting better, that goal line clearance was incredible and no less than his effort deserved. Shame he couldn't add two or three to that from clear penalties.

Comment

Only flaw today was him hitting the bar went for power when he should have picked a corner

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Only flaw today was him hitting the bar went for power when he should have picked a corner
                              TBF he was on his left foot. I would have left it for isla cutting inside on that one

Comment

Working...
                              X