Barton/Matic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton/Matic

Matic has had his ban reduced to 2 games now.
    Even though I think Barton was totally stupid, and really needs to sort his discipline out now, how can Matic get away with a reduced ban!!
    Matic runs about 10 metres across the field, what's so different that Matic gets let off?

Jose's bleating to all and sundry with his poor me poor me campaign is obviously working.

Comment

Plus Barton has previous i.e. the man city debacle etc.

Comment

I don't think I want Barton's suspension reduced, does anyone really trust that he won't do something stupid again and cost the team down the stretch?
        @gatorTFC

Comment

They favour the big sides, it's nothing new, but Matic nearly had his leg broken and the guy who fouled him should be serving a ban tbh. Barton was just the same idiot he's always been.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            I don't think I want Barton's suspension reduced, does anyone really trust that he won't do something stupid again and cost the team down the stretch?
            Not backing what JB done, and I don't think he should be starting games anyway.
            But Matic was just as bad, so why ban reduced?

Really hope that Sandro can stay Injury Free now as I think Sandro n Henry could be a Good Partnership.

Comment

Barton reacted for no reason, therefore a long ban. Matic reacted after almost having this career ended, shorter ban. That seems fair to me.

Comment

Matic nearly ended up without a leg. He also only pushed him. Getting punched in the nuts by a guy who's nuts is a different ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                  I was kind of hoping it could get extended....
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                    Matic nearly ended up without a leg. He also only pushed him. Getting punched in the nuts by a guy who's nuts is a different ball game.
                    There's so many todger/nadgers references here but the best for me is that it's from someone called 'Chopper' he he...

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                      Call that a punch???

Comment

Matic didn't get a reduced ban because he was fouled first it was because his reaction "wasn't that severe", neither was Barton's but we didn't appeal that so he won't get a reduced ban. Surely the FA should go through every sending off on a Monday and hand out bans for consistency.

The worst part of the weekend for me was Matic and Ivanovic both being fouled but doing the instant shin clutch, roll on the floor and scream like a dying soldier and then after 2 seconds spring up and run around the pitch. Every player cheats now for every foul, just look at Barcelona they have been the worst for years. No wonder refs can't get decisions right. I ####ing hate watching football on the TV now due to any contact or foul resulting in a clutching of the shin, don't players wear shin pads anymore.

Comment

Unfortunately reputation works against Barton, as it did Mark Dennis, they try to change the way they are but every now and again, they blow again.

Comment

I think Barton has improved a lot since his baby was born. Regarding this incident; IMO, it wasn´t a red card at all.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

The reduction is a farce. Nobody's questioning his reasons after that tackle, but for them to reduce it stating his actions weren't too severe is a joke.... Their rules say if you raise your hands it's a red, and by default 3 match ban. A basic push can be interpreted as such. Matic got up and in a premeditated act ran 10 yards slamming the player from behind with both hands and also had a raised knee across his side... enough to put him on the floor...... How the hell is that now stated as not severe enough for a 3 game ban. The FA are pathetic.

Also, the commentators after Bartons red, said in the 2nd half that the ref had apparently stated, at half time, he would've got red for his first incident (the tame push on Bruce). How pathetic would that have been....?! More to the point, Meyler pushed Barton higher and with much more force after he hit Huddlestone, and yet Meyler gets nothing at all... where is the consistency. It's pathetic all round. Anyway, People fail to notice Bruce first off barged into the back of Barton and with his right arm flicked out into Joeys stomach which caused his initial reaction. Then Huddlestone barged through the back of Joey also.

Refs are generally weak and this one especially. Yes Barton needed red for that incident, but if he's said he wouldve sent him off for the first, then hs should've dished out more cards for sure, but no, he went for the easy option and left it at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X