Ramsey's CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    The point's been made before but seems to need reiterating. The new role will be head coach, NOT manager - there is a difference. When you have a DoF, 'management' duties in our case would be shared out between Les, CR and KB. So the entire burden of responsibility for players, results, performances etc does not fall on one man's shoulders alone.
    Ok. A huge step up from being coach and everyones buddy, to head coach. He'll need to make tough decisions - leaving people out etc. Genuinely hope he succeeds!

Comment

Ramseys Qualifications

Heard today that the qualifications he has already in coaching, puts him miles above anyone else in the world game at present.
      Not sure if this is true or not, but looking at his Wiki page he has bagged a few over the years.

Anyone into coaching on here that can confirm this?

Comment

Think all the deets are here.
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...67-Ramsey-s-CV

Comment

this maybe what we need as a manager if he keeps us up or takes us down should be given a chance
          TWITTER
          @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
          Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Said before Ramsey has agreed CV, even won a league title. (In the Us). It shocks me why he has not managed in the UK before.

Comment

He had a good run with the Charlston Battery who were a tier 2 side here in North America, he managed the England U20's as well! I think he has a decent coaching resume albeit not at the top tier although he has been involved as an assistant, I think he will be open minded enough to involve our promising youngsters in the 1st team and with all of the injuries that may become a necessity!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                He had a good run with the Charlston Battery...
                Does the name have something to do with firing at Fort Sumter?
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                  my worry with ramsey will be against the bigger teams.
                  well there will be a few of those coming up straight after Hull.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    Does the name have something to do with firing at Fort Sumter?
                    Well, I can weigh in on this one. Charleston was founded by the English in 1670 and originally called Charles Towne in honor of King Charles II. Our downtown area is historic with about 1 square mile filled with homes from the 1700-1800's. The tip of the peninsula is now a park overlooking the harbor where many a cannon has fired on various enemies over the centuries, including the first shots fired on Fort Sumter in our War Of Northern Aggression (aka Civil War). This park has a formal name but is referred to simply as "The Battery" by the locals. Our owners chose the term "Battery" as a nod to our history and the meaning it has in warfare and how we should defend our home football turf. Our stadium is called Blackbaud Stadium and 1 of our slogans is "Defend the 'Baud". And with all due apologies to Mr. Gator, I'm just glad we didn't name the team after an animal which so many US sports teams do.

As to why Chris hasn't gotten many any other head coaching/manager jobs till now, he has been heavily involved with academies and youth teams for years and just like where all of us work, people get pigeon-holed in a job. I'll also mention a sensitive subject and say up front, I am NOT trying to stir up s$it here. There has been much written lately, and Chris himself has even given interviews in the past, about racism within the coaching ranks. There are a lot of black players in leagues around the world....not just in England & not just in football....the US included..........but few make it to the top of the coaching ranks. Think what you want but the statistics are very 1 sided.

In any event, I'm damn glad he's getting a shot at helping QPR. He's not going to win them all but it won't be for lack of effort or preparation. I can say for a fact, he will squeeze every ounce of talent out of all the players & he has the skill to make every one of them a better player. Up the R's and p$ss on Hull.
                    Last edited by Bribetaker; 19-02-2015, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X