Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommyqpr View Post
    Proper crazy that, good on him.

People jumping on the 'turnaround' at the club - that was just the headline used by talksport.
    All Matty said was that he admits he came short at start of the season but is pleased with his last couple of games and les/chris have given him some confidence
    What could be more fun than needlessly digging out one of our own players though?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Always one...
      It's called being a realist, either that or I've seen too many false dawns over the years! Hope he continues his form but 2 weeks ago most would have been happy to see him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        It's called being a realist, either that or I've seen too many false dawns over the years! Hope he continues his form but 2 weeks ago most would have been happy to see him gone.
        Only the vocal minority, not the rest of us.

Comment

I was talking about still managing to have a littke moan about PR from the club instead of just saying well done on 2 improved performances Matty, keep it up.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            I was talking about still managing to have a littke moan about PR from the club instead of just saying well done on 2 improved performances Matty, keep it up.
            I've said well done to him before, but like I said - being a realist, I'm not getting carried away just yet. Can imagine the reaction on here if he has a bad game next. Way too up and down on here.

Comment

Philips is an excellent player. Pace, Power and young as well. Needs to be persevered with.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Philips is an excellent player. Pace, Power and young as well. Needs to be persevered with.
                Only at QPR would all that be over-looked and him be called average for the sake of one over hit cross.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Spot on mate. Peoples Judgement on him on this site has bemused me for ages.

Good player who clearly just needed game time.

Personally thought he showed what a good player he was in the championship before he got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Matt Phillips has thanked the club's new management team for keeping faith in him and turning his Loftus Road career around.

Phillips fell out of favour under previous boss Harry Redknapp and looked like being one of a handful of players set for a January exit.

But director of Football, Les Ferdinand, insisted the club would keep Phillips and has got him working closely with caretaker manager Chris Ramsey, who has started him in their last two matches.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/qpr-wi...QYeDequLR72.99
                    i thought Matty Phillips has been brilliant last couple of games i also though Swp was ok aswell v Sunderland its good for us to have a couple of wingers to put in a shift which allows us to use Vargas as a striker
                    TWITTER
                    @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                    Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by alanfullerqpr View Post
                      i thought Matty Phillips has been brilliant last couple of games i also though Swp was ok aswell v Sunderland its good for us to have a couple of wingers to put in a shift which allows us to use Vargas as a striker
                      Spot on about Phillips and never really understood animosity towards SWP. I appreciate end product can be frustrating but always puts in a shift, seemingly has good attitude in training, wants to play for us. Has very rarely reacted to comments by likes of 'Arry. I know he's on high wages but they were agreed by club. He didn't impose them on us! Found it frustrating he was hardly played last season. Would have been a problem for most Championship full backs and generally we looked without pace much of the time.

Comment

Be quite interested to see Phillips on the right one game and maybe Wright -phillips On the left.

Comment

I can understand giving Phillips a clean slate, like mentioned above he's young, powerful, got plenty of pace and bags of 'potential'....... but as for SWP, a complete waist of time/breath/energy/space!!! Hasnt looked any better/good since he's been back. Just the usual 1 trick pony he has always been, just like Hoilett imho.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Just a bit of PR fed to the media by the club. A very similar story emerged when Bucsaky scored/assisted in a couple of games when MH took over. Think Wigan may have been one of the games, he scored a great free kick. He left that summer.

Lets see where we are a month from now before getting carried away...!
                            He had a few more decent games (along with bad ones too), and was replaced by the far more expensive and ineffective Granero. I know which one I would have preferred.

As for Phillips, yes, he has had a decent then good game. but the fact is he can deliver crosses better than Hoilett and SWP.

Comment

Working...
                            X