Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Tim gets Villa gig

Will Les and Chris go with him?

We all know that they were a trio at spurs, when Les first moving to HQ he stated that should Tim get a gig somewhere that he would leave us and join him and maybe take Chris as well. However like they do things change in football. Les is now DOF and it could be looking like Chris will be offered the caretaker role until the end of the season.

There could be a few twist and turns yet and should Tone move a bit sharper to conclude matters?
    My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Not for me Les has a bigger job with us then being a number 2. Ramsey I would hope would stay too and if were sensible should be planting seed in his head that going forwards (in future) he could be in for the managers job at QPR if he continues to do well
    Last edited by West Acton; 12-02-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I think Les and Chris are set, they have complete control here, if I was Ramsey, I would do the caretaker position until the end of the season then slip back into the background, this is for two reasons.

One, I believe he now has a job for life at the club as " head of player development" plus life as a football manager is a percerious one, a few bad results and its bye bye!

These two have an opportunity to build a club in the top tier of English football, they can put a five year plan in place and see it through, how often do you get that type of opportunity in life at a multi million £ organisation.Plus I want this guy around for a longtime! What a find!
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Good point!... Because Les has an official role at the club I would've thought a contract would come with that and would commit him to the club, so in a sense would tie him down? ......As for Ramsay I dont think there's any commitment from his side so would be easier/possible to walk. But like West says the idea of possibly being manager 1 day would tempt him more than being someone's number 2
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

If Ferdinand is preapred to leave what is essentially a job of a lifetime (Director of Football at a club he loves) just so he can sit nxt to his mate Tim in the Villa dugout, then he wasn't the right man for the job to begin with. Same with Ramsey. With that said, I highly doubt that either of them will leave.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 12-02-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

There didn't seem to be too much diehard loyalty when Ramsey said he'd take the job, even during the reported talks with sherwood.

If Ramsey is offered the managers job I think he'd take that over going to villa.

Comment

Les' role as DOF is ideal for him, particularly given his history with the club. It is probably pretty unique given the dynamics at the club. TF has, as the DOF title suggests, put him in charge of the football side of operations. It is an exciting opportunity and I would argue more enticing than being an assistant manager somewhere else. DOF quite often seems like an almost ceremonial role for some old codger, kind of thing you could imagine someone like 'Arrold being offered at the end of his managerial career. It's different here.

Comment

If Sherwood came here he would answer to Ferdinand. Would Les be happy going to Villa and being No.2 to Tim there? Nah.

Same with Ramsey. He's well liked here and can fall back on a decent job (Head of player development). Both better off than being 2 at Villa to Tiger Timmy.

Comment

All this assumes TIm goes to Villa... who, lets be fair are in poo poo...
                  Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                    If Ferdinand is preapred to leave what is essentially a job of a lifetime (Director of Football at a club he loves) just so he can sit nxt to his mate Tim in the Villa dugout, then he wasn't the right man for the job to begin with. Same with Ramsey. With that said, I highly doubt that either of them will leave.
                    Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                      I think Les and Chris are set, they have complete control here, if I was Ramsey, I would do the caretaker position until the end of the season then slip back into the background, this is for two reasons.

One, I believe he now has a job for life at the club as " head of player development" plus life as a football manager is a percerious one, a few bad results and its bye bye!

These two have an opportunity to build a club in the top tier of English football, they can put a five year plan in place and see it through, how often do you get that type of opportunity in life at a multi million £ organisation.Plus I want this guy around for a longtime! What a find!
                      you are right about the job for life part but a head of development might get 150 k a year. A prem manager would get about 40 k a week !

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                        you are right about the job for life part but a head of development might get 150 k a year. A prem manager would get about 40 k a week !
                        You can only spend so much money in one lifetime, plus I suspect he will be on a lot more than £150k per year.
                        Last edited by californiahoop; 12-02-2015, 01:27 PM.
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Can't see Lerner spending a fortune on Tim Sherwood....probably wouldnt even offer a Villa Gilet !

Comment

It was reported several weeks ago that Villa are looking for a director of football, so Sherwood probably would not be interested.

Comment

Working...
                            X