Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got good stories of supporting QPR over the years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got good stories of supporting QPR over the years?

Dunno if this'll be kept up but I'm doing my dissertation project in uni at the moment and we're doing it on football fans. We're looking for stories about the fans like if someone skipped their sister's wedding to go and watch the game instead, things like that.

We're making a radio documentary series and we're hoping anyone on here would be interested in talking to us on Tuesday night up in Sunderland before the game or when myself and my friend who's in our group, comes to London at the end of the month.

I'll understand if the post gets taken down but really hoping people will come forward! I won't post links but you can find us on FB and Twitter by looking up Life of a Football Fan.

We won away once.

That was nice.

Comment

To see us win an away game, you have to watch big match revisited
      You Rsssssss

Comment

last time we won away frank mahloney was a man!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
          last time we won away frank mahloney was a man!
          That's actually true hahaha

Comment

So… Would anyone have a good story about anything that happened on that rare day? Haha

Comment

Come on you lot, normally so voluble with your tales, give the bloke something to work with!

Comment

yes, 1967 we won the league cup
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  We won away once.

That was nice.
                  You're obviously over 45 Jimmy
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by jacksq92 View Post
                    Dunno if this'll be kept up but I'm doing my dissertation project in uni at the moment and we're doing it on football fans. We're looking for stories about the fans like if someone skipped their sister's wedding to go and watch the game instead, things like that.

We're making a radio documentary series and we're hoping anyone on here would be interested in talking to us on Tuesday night up in Sunderland before the game or when myself and my friend who's in our group, comes to London at the end of the month.

I'll understand if the post gets taken down but really hoping people will come forward! I won't post links but you can find us on FB and Twitter by looking up Life of a Football Fan.
                    You are on the wrong site mate..no good news stories on here.

Comment

It's not news stories we're looking for, more tales from fans as Hubble put it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction though? If there's another fansite, or if there's a QPR fanzine that might be able to help or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        We won away once.

That was nice.
                        lol
                        TWITTER
                        @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                        Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

F ack no. It's been unremittingly s hit since 1977..... I'm kidding. I think......

Comment

Originally posted by jacksq92 View Post

What...you mean like the time that me and my mate Pal (who's on here) went away to Coventry mid week, got offered FREE seats but turned them down to "stand with the lads" so paid £20 each...out on the open on the terrace.....it rained nearly the whole game so we got p*ss wet through......we got stuffed.....then came out to find a Parking ticket on the car ???

Or the time me and the same mate went away to Swindon, mid week, and my mate got ripped off because he bought a "double cheese burger"...paid nearly twice as much for it....only to find out it was a "double cheese" burger.........then we lost to Swindon in their first ever Premier League win..........and felt totally humiliated as they played the theme to 2001 over the tannoy at the end to celebrate their momentous victory....then the car broke down on the way home.

Oh yeah.....We've all got some good stories I'm sure
                            Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Originally posted by dtig View Post
                              What...you mean like the time that me and my mate Pal (who's on here) went away to Coventry mid week, got offered FREE seats but turned them down to "stand with the lads" so paid £20 each...out on the open on the terrace.....it rained nearly the whole game so we got p*ss wet through......we got stuffed.....then came out to find a Parking ticket on the car ???

Or the time me and the same mate went away to Swindon, mid week, and my mate got ripped off because he bought a "double cheese burger"...paid nearly twice as much for it....only to find out it was a "double cheese" burger.........then we lost to Swindon in their first ever Premier League win..........and felt totally humiliated as they played the theme to 2001 over the tannoy at the end to celebrate their momentous victory....then the car broke down on the way home.

Oh yeah.....We've all got some good stories I'm sure
                              "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Working...
                              X