Just back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back

Hard to take that but again our own mistake cost us.

Southampton didn't deserve to win but neither did we. A draw would of been a fair result.

Was surprised at the starting XI, especially both Chileans being dropped & Traore starting. Matty Phillips had a good game & if he could work on the power & distance of his crossing he'll be an asset to us. Traore was woeful yet again & he only started to give us some balance imo, not because he's any good! He was poor.

Zarate, well overweight, sluggish & slow. Yea right. A real live wire & you can see straight away he has an eye for a pass & has good feet although on 2 occasions he could of layed the ball off to Vargas & he kept it to long & lost possession. He put in a decent 25 mins odd though.

Fer for me didn't impress to much in the position everyone's been wanting to see him in. Does ok in spells but for a strong man he doesn't impose himself on his opposite number.

Unbelievable one handed stop from Forster from Austins poke & the goal at the end looked harsh to be ruled out, not sure what for but did look like Onouha possibly impeded Forster.

Would like to see Traore dropped right out & Yun brought into the fold. Use a winger to occupy the left of midfield & start Zarate alongside Austin up front.

All in all an average first half, better second but killed by a mistake & a fantastic finish.

Oh and the ref was absolutely shite & his assistants not much better. We've had this little bald ###### this season before & he was shite then.

Onto Sunderland away. Gulp!

Missed the game today so cheers for the info jimmy. Its always the one or two mistakes that cost us every week.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Disagree re Phillips mate. Bar a couple of decent crosses he was poor.

Said it many times having watched him at games. He just isn't that good and doesn't have a great deal of ability. Head down and run. People seem to love him on this site but he was his usual non effective self.

Summed up by that awful cross near the end of the first half and in the second when we had a chance to break and he waltzed forward allowing everyone to get back.

If we want to stay up he can't be in the team for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
        Disagree re Phillips mate. Bar a couple of decent crosses he was poor.

Said it many times having watched him at games. He just isn't that good and doesn't have a great deal of ability. Head down and run. People seem to love him on this site but he was his usual non effective self.

Summed up by that awful cross near the end of the first half and in the second when we had a chance to break and he waltzed forward allowing everyone to get back.

If we want to stay up he can't be in the team for me.
        Agree, don't understand the recent Philips love-in on here at all. Very average. Only really good game I remember from him is Blackpool away I think (?) when he scored a slightly lucky long range goal?

Comment

He put in at least 6 balls into the box. 6 more than I can remember in recent games.

Dug in & done ok. I'm not a big fan tbh but he wasn't so bad. Does more than Hoilett for me who is only effective as a 10 minute sub.

Comment

Traore was awful and should of come off sooner. Phillips just needs game time to get back into the swing of things. All in all I thought we were very unlucky.

Comment

One cross was a peach for sure. I debated trying to get on the end of it myself from memory.

Can't fault his graft I agree. Just don't think he is actually very good and doesn't really have that much ability. Saying that though would keep him for the Championship next year!

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                One cross was a peach for sure. I debated trying to get on the end of it myself from memory.

Can't fault his graft I agree. Just don't think he is actually very good and doesn't really have that much ability. Saying that though would keep him for the Championship next year!
                Defo could do damage in the championship. He definitely had the better of Yoshida today & that's where I think we missed a trick. Vargas & Isla are very effective down that right side. Could of ripped them apart if we'd of started with them.

Comment

Didnt go today as was working but i noticed from stream that as per usual when we did slowly break and counter attack there wasnt enough players breaking their necks getting up there to support. Seen it time and time again over the last couple of seasons and wonder when its gonna change. Other teams manage it but we cant seem to get the players in the box or up their in support. Its not as if we break with fast players either.

Comment

I thought the ref had a good game, let nothing pass and gave everything right. No-one called him names.

Comment

Hated today, not one bit of pleasure for me, the rest of the home games are gonna be a proper chore.

Comment

Working...
                      X