Players and Fans time to Unite as ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players and Fans time to Unite as ONE

Mentioned on another thread that I thought there was a rift between the fans and players

As all will know the tunnel is beside the away end at Stoke. When the players came out before the game to a man not one of them looked to the right to acknowledge us in the away end with each looking straight ahead making their way to the half way line. Then after the handshakes on the half way line usually the away team runs towards the awaysupport and acknowledges them not today only two players acknowledge us Green (who I would argue had no choice as he was running towards the goal) and Henry came up and clapped

It looked to me that it was an intentional decision not to acknowledge us as both incidents to me were blanks and a reaction to Burnley which is a shame because it was two a rseholes that gave them verbal's not every travelling fans.

I totally get why they may now want to close ranks but for me QPR are stronger when we are together instead of divided. Yes we have been s hite away and the frustrations have started to come out but as a club we now need to put Burnley behind us and go to the end of the season all pulling in the same direction.

When the final goal went in we made our way downstairs towards the front but stewards would not allow us to watch from stairs so got harried away so not sure what the reaction of our fans was at the final whistle to the players when they left but hope it was applause as today I saw the effort and commitment which I expect away from home so no complaints from me

Did anyone else at the game pick up on what appeared to be a pre planned blanking before the game???

I agree. Charlie did clap fans on way out of tunnel.

Players got clapped off and Barton gave his shirt to a fan.

Thought our support was class today and would have changed the players minds if they had any concerns.

Comment

Glad to hear that then Matty hopefully that goes someway to healing any rift

Today we got effort thats all we ask if we lose every game but walk off knowing we have gave our all you wont get a peep from me and I guess the majority of others.

Today we fought and they gave their all trying to get back into the game and the fans acknowledged this; if we were a tad more composed we would have got the equaliser

As you say thought fans were decent today sang throughout and were loud hope it came across on the stream

Comment

Thought we deserved a point today but nearly turned round when I read the team news! Was Zamora's header as bad a miss as it seemed? I thought it was a free header and he should have buried it but no fans around me seemed to react? I'll have to see later.

Comment

Did it not go for a corner??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Did it not go for a corner??
            Goal kick I think, he seemed to get next to nothing on it and it trickled wide.

Comment

May have got a point but we should have been killed off in the first half. 2 points out of last 18 is how good we are at the momement. Losing becomes a habit and the rot sets in. Need a couple of good signings to lift the team or we are in trouble as the team will not change and nor will the results

Comment

Charlie clapped the fans on the way out as did Harry, and our support was superb today, it could of turned nasty after another away loss but everybody stood and clapped, I think the fans new we put in a performance in the 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Did anyone else at the game pick up on what appeared to be a pre planned blanking before the game?
                  Leroy Fer: “I say it every week, but our fans are great. They support us right until the end, they don’t give up and that’s what I love about them.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...PBsZk6cgTC3.99

Comment

Seems like other teams have player fan relationship issues too!

Irate Inter fans throw shirt back at Icardi

Argentinian striker Mauro Icardi suffered an embarrassing personal slight as Inter Milan dropped further out of Champions League contention after a humiliating 3-1 defeat to Sassuolo on Sunday.

Trailing 2-0 following superb first-half goals from Italy striker Simone Zaza and Nicola Sansone, Icardi struck seven minutes from time to give Roberto Mancini's side hope of snatching a late draw.

However the striker's goal celebrations fell resoundingly flat.

Icardi took off his shirt and after a flashy jump over the advertising hoardings, threw it into a section of Inter fans.

Perhaps hoping for a more positive reaction, Icardi was left red-faced as irate fans of the struggling Serie A giants promptly threw it back.

As Icardi stood stunned, Colombian teammate Fredy Guarin ran to the rescue in a bid to rally the fans to Icardi's cause. All to no avail. As fans rained down whistles and insults, Icardi lost his cool and shot back insults of his own.

Inter's woes deepened when Sassuolo took their lead to 3-1 in injury-time when Domenico Berardi slotted a penalty past Inter 'keeper Samir Handanovic.

Icardi tried to repair the damage with fans after the game when, accompanied by Andrea Ranocchia, Juan Pablo Carrizo, Samir Handanovic and Rodrigo Palacio, he went back out to the group of supporters to offer his apologies.

Mancini later told reporters: "Sometimes there are disagreements between the fans and the team, but I hope it has been resolved because we need our supporters."

Comment

Working...
                    X