No announcement yet.

Mutch/Campbell swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people and Harry realise we actually don't have a lack of strikers?

Austin, Zamora, Zarate and Vargas are all strikers. HR just likes playing them out of position so he can play his desperate card for wanting more players.

Vargas plays up to with Alexis Sanchez for Chile, yet his shoved out wide when he plays for little old QPR?
    Zarate scored about 20 odd goals last season as the number 9 for an Argentinian team.

Its ridiculous that HR plays the I have no strikers card... Its embarrassing.
    I don't remember Hughes being this annoying.. fair enough the team was sh1t under Hughes but I don't remember him being as deluded and annoying as HR in general.

Comment

Campbell is shocking imo. Scores a lot of his goal in the first month or so for a new club, then just stops. Agyemang/Djibril spring to mind. Can we not just get cash for Mutch and go get a winger or something?

Edit: just to clarify, is it cash + Campbell of Mutch or a straight swap?
      Last edited by Ginger Ninja; 28-01-2015, 11:02 AM.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...bell-swap-deal

They want to keep Campbell. Ok,then give us 5 million,so we can buy a better striker

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Our lack of strikers in my opinion is not a huge concern. Yes, our out and out strikers are Charlie, Bobby and Zarate (although as a number ten more so), but we also have players who can deputise in that role such as Vargas, Hoilett, Taarabt (Assuming they don't leave). Mutch is brilliant behind the striker as he was last season for Cardiff. 7 goals and 5 assists playing there highlights that and certainly limiting his attacking by forcing him deeper has been a mistake by the management but with the lack of options deeper due to the Faurlin and Sandro injuries, they have had to hold his potential back unfortunately. That being said, if we start performing well, bring him on for 30 minutes in most games and eventually build up his confidence and start him. We will see the goals fly in.
          I agree with you that Mutch' disappointing season so far is down to a management mistake. With Henry and Barton both fit and often chosen to play, i really dont understand why Mutch has not been played in a more attacking role.
          As for Hoilett & Taarabt as cover for a central striker that really is a no in my opinion.
          Redknapp has under performed this season and as usual he is seeking more players to sigb rather than utilise the players he has in a better way. This for me is down to his lack of ability as a coach and the coaches he has in Bond and Jordan.
          They are not good enough , yet the blame is always down to the players fitness, injuries or lack of numbers. Redknapp could have a squad of fifty yet still ask for more signings!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Do people and Harry realise we actually don't have a lack of strikers?

Austin, Zamora, Zarate and Vargas are all strikers. HR just likes playing them out of position so he can play his desperate card for wanting more players.

Vargas plays up to with Alexis Sanchez for Chile, yet his shoved out wide when he plays for little old QPR?
            Zarate scored about 20 odd goals last season as the number 9 for an Argentinian team.

Its ridiculous that HR plays the I have no strikers card... Its embarrassing.
            I don't remember Hughes being this annoying.. fair enough the team was sh1t under Hughes but I don't remember him being as deluded and annoying as HR in general.
            He plays on the right for chile, for Gremio, for valencia and only played striker in his time playing for napoli. he wasn't a success at napoli so that says alot about his ability at striker.
            Zarate is unfit and isn't playing until he is. Simple. Austin and Zamora FOR THE MOMENT are the only fit and available out and out strikers.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              I agree with you that Mutch' disappointing season so far is down to a management mistake. With Henry and Barton both fit and often chosen to play, i really dont understand why Mutch has not been played in a more attacking role.
              As for Hoilett & Taarabt as cover for a central striker that really is a no in my opinion.
              Redknapp has under performed this season and as usual he is seeking more players to sigb rather than utilise the players he has in a better way. This for me is down to his lack of ability as a coach and the coaches he has in Bond and Jordan.
              They are not good enough , yet the blame is always down to the players fitness, injuries or lack of numbers. Redknapp could have a squad of fifty yet still ask for more signings!
              Taking my point out of context and just once again pinning the blame on the management solely is not the point I made. Mutch hasn't played in a more attacking role because we have played a 442, something people think is a necessity to get goals. When redknapp plays with 1 striker and an attacking midfielder, you lot on here attack him for it, saying he is not choosing a formation from the outset that allows us to score. I feel with the new signings and this break, hopefully we will be able to see a different mutch return to the team over time.
              As for Hoilett and Taarabt, some of their best performances in the prem have come from leading the line. Remember Taarabt vs Chelsea? and hoilett was outstanding there for blackburn.
              Not every single point made or thread created needs to develop into a method to attack Harry. There are particular threads designed for that where people can and do vent.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He plays on the right for chile, for Gremio, for valencia and only played striker in his time playing for napoli. he wasn't a success at napoli so that says alot about his ability at striker.
                Zarate is unfit and isn't playing until he is. Simple. Austin and Zamora FOR THE MOMENT are the only fit and available out and out strikers.
                Jog on are they!! You must be the only fan left to believe HR's B0llocks!.. Zarate aint fit? Don't make me laugh.
                Vargas plays up top with Sanchez for Chile stat man. Take a look. They play 3-5-2... Vargas aint a winger. When he 1st came HR put him on up front, that tells you what he brought for.

Comment

Jog on are they!! You must be the only fan left to believe HR's B0llocks!.. Zarate aint fit? Don't make me laugh.
                  Vargas plays up top with Sanchez for Chile stat man. Take a look. They play 3-5-2... Vargas aint a winger. When he 1st came HR put him on up front, that tells you what he brought for.
                  Actually, he played as a right forward, drifting in and out from the right side. For Chile, his heatmaps always show him playing as a right forward, being primarily a player that cuts in on the right to the centre, in the same way he does here.

Comment

Actually, he played as a right forward, drifting in and out from the right side. For Chile, his heatmaps always show him playing as a right forward, being primarily a player that cuts in on the right to the centre, in the same way he does here.
                    right forward is up front!! its not a winger!.. 3 - 5 -2 means the two up front are up front.. The 5 in midfield contain the wing backs.

Comment

right forward is up front!! its not a winger!.. 3 - 5 -2 means the two up front are up front.. The 5 in midfield contain the wing backs.
                      Not even a 352 btw, 3421, just like liverpool yesterday, with vargas on the right side

Comment

Chile's formation for World Cup and team

--------Bravo-------
                        ---Rojas-------Medel----
                        Isla--------------------Mena
                        ----------Diaz--------------
                        ----Vidal------Carmona---
                        ---------Valdivia----------
                        ---Sanchez----Vargas---

Comment

Chile's formation for World Cup and team

--------Bravo-------
                          ---Rojas-------Medel----
                          Isla--------------------Mena
                          ----------Diaz--------------
                          ----Vidal------Carmona---
                          ---------Valdivia----------
                          ---Sanchez----Vargas---
                          On paper. Heat maps suggested that actually valdivia moved out wide more times than not. But hey, I'm just using what I can see on the pitch to highlight my point.

Comment

Working...
                          X