• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked players...

Ok so in the last week or so we have been linked with 3 players:
    Dani Osvaldo
    Yann M'Vila
    Alexandre Pato

3 signings that, on paper, should be good ones. Think about it. Dani Osvaldo, did well whenever he played at Southampton, scored goals for them. Yann M'Vila, French international, played in the top competitions in Europe. Alexandre Pato, Brazilian international, at one time one of the most sought after young players in Europe by all the big clubs.
    Would they be good for us if they signed? IMO, no.
    Osvaldo, it has been well documented, is a bit of a psycho. Terrible attitude, picks fights with team mates, does what he wants. Yann M'Vila, we tried to sign him before, but he turned us down to go and get more money in Russia. Pato, plagued by injury, which is why he isn't playing at the very top level of world football right now.
    Like I said, all 3 are great players. Would they want to come and play for QPR, or have the stomach for a tough relegation battle? No, imo.
    If they did sign, on loan or whatever, of course I would back them on the pitch 100%. But it all feels a bit familiar. Bosingwa, Park, Mbia, Granero, all top European players before they came to QPR.
    I really hope I'm wrong.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Big players taking a step down for big money to a small club. Will they give 100% and sweat blood for the fans and their team mates? no dont reckon they would. Agree with you Ginger, similar kind of signings to what hasnt worked in the past.

Comment

M'Vila will be a good signing. Find it funny how quick people criticise footballers for taking the offer paying the most, that's life in general!

Perfect time to sign him as he needs to get his career back on track and will be desperate to prove himself and get a big move in the summer, fine by me if his performances keep us up.

Wouldn't touch Osvaldo with a barge pole and Pato hasn't been the same for years and would be very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        M'Vila will be a good signing. Find it funny how quick people criticise footballers for taking the offer paying the most, that's life in general!

Perfect time to sign him as he needs to get his career back on track and will be desperate to prove himself and get a big move in the summer, fine by me if his performances keep us up.

Wouldn't touch Osvaldo with a barge pole and Pato hasn't been the same for years and would be very expensive.
        Fair point about M'Vila, but I wasn't coating him off for going for the money, I'm more concerned with whether he would want to play for us or whether he would give it his all.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          Big players taking a step down for big money to a small club. Will they give 100% and sweat blood for the fans and their team mates? no dont reckon they would. Agree with you Ginger, similar kind of signings to what hasnt worked in the past.
          We've been down this route before, and have had our fingers burnt. Sure, on paper they are all talented footballers who would greatly improve the squad - but a hardworking Conference player is worth more to us than a sauntering Internatonial at this point. I can't imagine any of them are on less than 50k a week either.

Comment

None of them will make much difference as long as the master-tactician Harold Redchapp is in charge. We've been down this route before.

TF has two choices now it seems to me: either cut his losses and restrict Harold's profligate tendencies, forcing him to make the best of what he's got and in the loan market, or go for broke (yet again), and sign some players of real pedigree, players who will guarantee you a return in goals and results. It seems to me we're not doing either, but taking a kind of middle route that is most likely to lead to one outcome, relegation. But I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Comment

The difference is that they will all be on loan, and hopefully will want to prove something in the four or five months with us so that they can go onto better things.

Comment

Have to disagree.

If we are talking us average joes opting for a £60k a year salary over a £50k a year salary then, yes, understandbale as that sort of money changes lifestyle. But when we are talking about a player turning down, say, £50k a week with us playing in the PL to go & get racially abused in the poxy Russian league for more wedge, shows me he is a money grabber who doesn't care about his career.

On paper, yes he is a good player, but he is EXACTLY the type we have found out the hard way don't work for a club fighting relegation. Signing him would, IMO anyway, show that we have learnt nothing from all these big name flops we have had in recent years.

Better of signing a Lee Cattermole type player, less attractive name but will give 100% for you.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Well you can rule out Pato coz Harry said he was offered him and said no. Also mentioned that not even close to signing anyone so don't think anyone linked at the mo is likely to be coming
                  'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Have to disagree.

If we are talking us average joes opting for a £60k a year salary over a £50k a year salary then, yes, understandbale as that sort of money changes lifestyle. But when we are talking about a player turning down, say, £50k a week with us playing in the PL to go & get racially abused in the poxy Russian league for more wedge, shows me he is a money grabber who doesn't care about his career.

On paper, yes he is a good player, but he is EXACTLY the type we have found out the hard way don't work for a club fighting relegation. Signing him would, IMO anyway, show that we have learnt nothing from all these big name flops we have had in recent years.

Better of signing a Lee Cattermole type player, less attractive name but will give 100% for you.
                    Yer my view too, spot on Matty. Not too keen on Harry signing anyone this window personally as i think he has the players to stay up if they are motivated and organized already in the squad. Why waste more money?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Have to disagree.

£50k a week here means a take home of £1,388,642. M'Vila is taking home £3,750,000 at Rubin so he's earning £2,361,358.00 more per year.

Being a footballer nowadays is like running a business. Would you as a business owner settle for an income of 1 million or take 3 million a year?

People also seem to forget we were bottom of the league, would you have joined us? It made absolutely no sense to sign for us.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        Yer my view too, spot on Matty. Not too keen on Harry signing anyone this window personally as i think he has the players to stay up if they are motivated and organized already in the squad. Why waste more money?
                        We're 19th in the table and face financial ruin if we go down. The squad is bang average, are there three worse squads? Probably but there isn't much in it. You don't want us to sign anyone? What happens if Charlie gets injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          Dani Osvaldo, did well whenever he played at Southampton, scored goals for them.
                          Yep...3

Comment

We're 19th in the table and face financial ruin if we go down. The squad is bang average, are there three worse squads? Probably but there isn't much in it. You don't want us to sign anyone? What happens if Charlie gets injured?
                            Thought thats why we signed Zarate? If the right player is available on a loan then fair enough but all these "Harry players" has got to stop before we end up with Kanu upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Yep...3
                              I thought he flopped at Southampton as well. Still, if he scores 3 winners for us then we'll be laughing.

Comment

Working...
                              X