Paolo Sousa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paolo Sousa

If there is one manager to replace Harry, it must be our own ex-Paolo Sousa. He showed his credentials in managing Swiss side Basel on a very restricted budget. However, he did reached the highest rounds of the Champions league eliminating much illustrious sides along the way. It want be easy to get him back here. Why do he leaves an established club in the latter stages of the Champions league, to join such a disastrous managed club? He will needs time to re-build, however, I think he is the modern young manager we are all craving for. Maybe he still wants to manage in the Premier.
    Last edited by Martinmalta; 14-01-2015, 04:52 PM.

Not a chance of a return how he was treated last time. Obviously all different now, but he would be mad to jump ship from a Champions league club.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Agree, however must be said that it was under different owners.

Comment

Would rather Sam Allerdyce. West Ham owners don't like him, so would be prepared to jump ship. Proven record at keeping teams in the Prem and has shown lately that he can set teams up to play more attractive football.

Comment

It's alright saying certain names but you've got to think of a few things before hiring someone.

Our squad can't play football, we struggle to string five passes together so what would bringing Sousa in achieve when he likes to dominate the ball?

The board don't want to buy anyone, so you're asking a new manager to work with what he's got realistically, something a lot won't do.

I don't think they'll sack him, I really don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            It's alright saying certain names but you've got to think of a few things before hiring someone.

Our squad can't play football, we struggle to string five passes together so what would bringing Sousa in achieve when he likes to dominate the ball?

The board don't want to buy anyone, so you're asking a new manager to work with what he's got realistically, something a lot won't do.

I don't think they'll sack him, I really don't.
            A professional footballer should be able to adapt to a good manager. Provided he's instructed of what is expected of him. Like to close down his opponents; to concentrate; to move into open spaces; to pass the ball to a team mate etc etc. Our players looks out of sorts because they are not well directed. Only hoof balls for Zamora to knock down. That type of game is over twenty years old now! Lets move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
              A professional footballer should be able to adapt to a good manager. Provided he's instructed of what is expected of him. Like to close down his opponents; to concentrate; to move into open spaces; to pass the ball to a team mate etc etc. Our players looks out of sorts because they are not well directed. Only hoof balls for Zamora to knock down. That type of game is over twenty years old now! Lets move on.
              If only it was that easy! Our players can't keep the ball, that's not down to training it's ability.

Comment

If only it was that easy! Our players can't keep the ball, that's not down to training it's ability.
                Some might argue that ability is down to training.

Comment

Harry R. would;))^^ Training doesn´t lead to anything.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! Man I love Paolo, get him in!
                    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Sousa was a very negative manager. Serie A would suit his style. No way would he last 12 months at our club now.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                        Sousa was a very negative manager. Serie A would suit his style. No way would he last 12 months at our club now.
                        Yeah, it was really boring watching his Swansea side knock 30 passes around us before slicing us open once the opportunity arose. They should have beat us by 5 when they last came to lotus rd under him.

Martinez put a good little squad together and showed them how simple it can be, Sousa taught them total keep ball and that ##### rodgers took the credit. Don't remember Watford and Reading playing like that under him..

Sousa is a proper football man and was doing well at rangers, considering he had no strikers worth drawing a wage.

And re Allardyce, I think you'll find 60% of the their goals this year have been headers. Same tactics, but with better players!

Comment

If our players do not have the ability to make the simple things while playing football, then how come they become 'professional footballers,' let alone playing in the Premier. Our players plays without a plan. Every player should have a role during a game. But it seems we play 'a go and enjoy yourselves attitude plan,' the same methods used 30/40 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X