Mattia Destro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattia Destro

Reported chelsea target Mattia Destro is available on loan. They guy is an absolute talent and I doubt chelsea would go for a loan until the end of the season. He would perfectly compliment charlie up front and would definitely get us goals. Here is a link to his Scoutnation video:

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Must have some stats, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Must have some stats, surely?
      I could get them but the backlash would be unreal. All I will say is that he was injured a lot last season but came back towards the end and managed 13 goals in 20 appearances and started well this season with 4 goals in 2 and that included a 40 yard screamer against Verona. He has sort of calmed down since which is why they are letting him out on loan but he would definitely get us plenty of goals.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Reported chelsea target Mattia Destro is available on loan. They guy is an absolute talent and I doubt chelsea would go for a loan until the end of the season. He would perfectly compliment charlie up front and would definitely get us goals. Here is a link to his Scoutnation video:

And how would he fit into our style of play ?
        We Are The People.....

Comment

sound like one of those s hite italian techno dj.s!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
            And how would he fit into our style of play ?
            He plays almost exactly the same as austin. Rotate, simple. play alternate matches to allow maintenance of fitness and replace them with one another for constant threats throughout the match. Or play destro as a wide forward, where he has played because of his pace and work like that. It isn't difficult to accommodate and he is a young talent

Comment

He plays almost exactly the same as austin. Rotate, simple. play alternate matches to allow maintenance of fitness and replace them with one another for constant threats throughout the match. Or play destro as a wide forward, where he has played because of his pace and work like that. It isn't difficult to accommodate and he is a young talent
              Oh right , So he is the same as what he already have or we can just play him out of position

Your not Harry Redknapp by any chance are you ?

Seeing as the self titled stats man , have you got Joey Bartons pass completion stats for 2nd half at Burnley ?
              We Are The People.....

Comment

Just absolutely daft. Strikers benefit from consistency. What you going to do, drop Austin after he scores in a game just so he is fit 2 weeks later?

If anything, play strikers in a partnership.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Just absolutely daft. Strikers benefit from consistency. What you going to do, drop Austin after he scores in a game just so he is fit 2 weeks later?

If anything, play strikers in a partnership.
                  I would recommend that but armchair fans here may think it is impossible to have two hard working goalpoachers playing together up front. the truth is that playing them together would guarantee goals, but people would say how he doesn't bring anything new to the side etc. He brings more of what works.

Comment

If he was injured a lot last season, he'll be bang on for signing for us.

Comment

Destro was linked in the press around a month to six weeks ago. I laughed then and nothing has changed. Destro will end up somewhere in Italy at a big club.

Comment

I would recommend that but armchair fans here may think it is impossible to have two hard working goalpoachers playing together up front. the truth is that playing them together would guarantee goals, but people would say how he doesn't bring anything new to the side etc. He brings more of what works.
                        Haha...true!

I wont be happy until we are playing 4-4-2 with 2 out and out goal scorers.

Comment

Why waste time speculating on such player. He will never join us.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                            Why waste time speculating on such player. He will never join us.
                            How many pages were the Scott Parker / Gary Hooper threads ?

Comment

Working...
                            X