The perfect storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect storm

Can't pick up points away most recently against one of our main rivals who many had down as a banker and now going into run of home games where points will be hard to come by

From what was a super Nov and Dec this could all go very very wrong very quickly so put your seat belts on its about to get bumpy

I hope the atmosphere at home doesn't turn sour, as if we are to have any chance of survival we are going to need to get results against the big teams at LR, and as we know the crowd has a big part to play, like what happened 3 seasons ago when we beat Chelsea, Spurs Arsenal and Liverpool.

At least it's going to be an exciting last half to the season I suppose!

Comment

I do sense although most of us expected the result there is more despondency, anger and a sense that all is not well !! Again!! The Premiership experience for me isn't as enjoyable as it should be and I'm sure that's down to the abysmal away form.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
        I hope the atmosphere at home doesn't turn sour, as if we are to have any chance of survival we are going to need to get results against the big teams at LR, and as we know the crowd has a big part to play, like what happened 3 seasons ago when we beat Chelsea, Spurs Arsenal and Liverpool.

At least it's going to be an exciting last half to the season I suppose!
        I'm afraid its almost inevitable that it will, especially if we continue our historically bad performances away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
          I'm afraid its almost inevitable that it will, especially if we continue our historically bad performances away from home.
          If it does turn, then we might as well start planning for Huddersfield away next year cos there really would be no chance.

There are huge similarities to when Hughes was in charge and we stayed up. Sh0ite manager with lots of difficult games to come and being written off.

I know it shouldn't be down to us and it's a two way thing etc. but for us to get what we all want then we need to try and re-create what we had that season.

If we manage that somehow, then will be the time for re-building, and creating something good for the future.

Comment

Good shout cat but in that season we had already picked up three away wins from home so had 9 points its lack of away points which is slowly strangling and killing us.

Add 9 away points to our current total and we have 28 points needing only three wins to be safe. This is why I have been so baffled by those that have gone at lengths to defend and justify our away record so far as we have done biz at home but will drop because of away record plain and simple

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Good shout cat but in that season we had already picked up three away wins from home so had 9 points its lack of away points which is slowly strangling and killing us.

Add 9 away points to our current total and we have 28 points needing only three wins to be safe. This is why I have been so baffled by those that have gone at lengths to defend and justify our away record so far as we have done biz at home but will drop because of away record plain and simple
              That's true but it is what it is now, and not too sure of the stats but don't think we are in too much of a worse position than we were then(didn't we have a terrible run in December that led to Warnock being sacked), so we still have the opportunity to get out of this.

The thing is if we give up, then this will be transferred to the players, which will mean relegation for sure. I know everyone says it, but a couple of wins and we can be sitting a lot more comfortably.

A win against Man U next week at a rocking LR could be just what we need to turn things around. I know it's not likely but not impossible either if we keep the faith.

Comment

Said before the weekend on here I can realistically see us losing the next 4 games. 1 down & we've lost.

What happened the other year was freak, lightning won't strike twice Imo. We just haven't got enough about us as a team or management.

Really hope I'm wrong but tbh I honestly don't think I will be.

Comment

when I saw the fixtures for this month I honestly couldn't see where the points were coming from. The body language of our team now, I'm even more pessimistic
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

The fixtures next week are semi kind to us so hopefully we wont get cut adrift if we do lose however reckon Burnley could end up with back to back wins

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      The fixtures next week are semi kind to us so hopefully we wont get cut adrift if we do lose however reckon Burnley could end up with back to back wins
                      Another week gone with no points is not much of a positive mate.

I could be wrong but really don't think I will be.

Comment

a big,as expected,defeat to utd will see the first 'redknapp out ' chants at loftus rd im sure!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Someone asked the question the other week and ask which 3 teams will be relegated and I said this question should be asked at the end of January when the deadline has gone and the fixtures played. I have to say it does not look good for us. I usually think things will get better but not after the last 5 matches.

Comment

Working...
                          X